viatmins

Options
I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a multivitamin. I have joint and tendon problems so I take fish oil but I still have to supplement with potassium. But I would like to find a multivitamin that gives me that and so far no luck. Figured I woulf adk here.

Replies

• togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    They are all much of a muchness really - I wouldn't worry too much about any particular brand, just get something high in potassium if that is what you feel you are lacking. They really only supplement your diet and if you are eating reasonably healthy you shouldn't have a problem. You would be surprised actually how much potassium is in some foods.

If you want to have a baby you should also look for one high in iodine and folate.
  • jeroenvandijken
    Options
    Get the cheapest multivit that fits you... they are not going to make a significant difference.
    And did you already tried glucosamine for joint/tendon problems? works fine by me
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use Earth's Blend once daily. I like the Alive once daily, but dislike tablets. Some multivitamins absorb really well, while others don't at all, so they're not all created equal.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Read the labels! Most of those cheap vitamins have a LOT of fillers in them and nothing that's substantial. One A Day is one example of this. I would personally go to a health food store and talk to someone there.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I use Earth's Blend once daily. I like the Alive once daily, but dislike tablets. Some multivitamins absorb really well, while others don't at all, so they're not all created equal.

It depends on whether or not the vitamin you are taking is fat soluble. If it is then you need to take it with food for maximum absorption. Fish oil, for example, is a fat soluble vitamin that should be taken with meals.

It's a complete myth that your vitamins should dissolve in water and if it doesn't that means it's crap. It has to do with whether or not it's fat soluble.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use Nutrilite Double X that has complete multivitamin, mineral and phytonutrients. If you need joint support, they also have Glucosamine that is a joint health suppliment.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Get the cheapest multivit that fits you... they are not going to make a significant difference.
    And did you already tried glucosamine for joint/tendon problems? works fine by me

I second the Glucosamine! I use it twice a day and it made a huge difference for me. I use the Nature's made Chewable adult vitamins- no judging! I can't swollow large pills haha
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I use Alive! vitamins. They taste great and keep me feeling great!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I also use glucosamine for my joints, it does wonders for my knees.