Hello everyone, just some questions!

Options
Hey everyone,

So I signed up for my fitness pal a couple of weeks ago, I decided I'm going to start it right after Christmas because I just feel like their are so many temptations with food right now and I'd rather get Christmas out of the way and start right after.

I'm hoping this will work for me, I'm kind of worried about it becoming an obsessive thing because it involves counting calories. I was on weight watchers before, and I really didn't like that because it was really expensive. My starting weight right now is 186.6, and I'm in my early twenties, and I'm hoping when I start after Christmas to lose a pound a week. My question for you guys are:

how is my fitness pal working for you?

Were you worried about becoming obsessive about the calories?

It would be great to hear about people's experience and what has worked/what hasn't worked for them!

Replies

• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi, I guess it depends on who you are. I've never become obsessed with calorie counting. but it's helped me make better choices, alongside Michelle Bridges crunchtime cookbook. One year in, I'm eating MUCH healthier food. I don't look at just the main number but the saturated fat, sugars etc (although don't worry if it over counts natural sugars). I find losing weight comes in fits and starts, so get measurements of your body too (or work it out by how clothes fit). A pound a week sounds like a great goal
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    MFP good, Weight Watchers bad
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP good, Weight Watchers bad

pretty much this!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    how is my fitness pal working for you?

It's a great tool but only as good as you make it. If you are as honest and accurate as possible.

Were you worried about becoming obsessive about the calories?

Obsession is what lazy people call dedication

It would be great to hear about people's experience and what has worked/what hasn't worked for them!

Log everything as honestly and accurately as possible

Find exercise that you enjoy so you will do it. I found I love to ride my bike and lift weights.

Make logging and working out part of your daily routine so its habit, just like showering and brushing your teeth.