Just getting started

Options
Hello everyone -

I am a 29 year old female trying to get back in shape. I'm not too overweight at 128, *Edit: I'm 5' 5"* but not comfortable with my body at all. I have fairly severe self esteem issues that I'm trying to combat with exercise, eating better and simple pleasures such as tanning and getting my hair done.

I hope to find some great motivation here with you all! I'm finding the myfitnesspal iPod Touch App to be fantastic to keep track of intake and exercise.

Fair winds -
Erabella

Replies

• FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. You've come to the right place.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You know what? I'm not considered overweight either. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I let myself go after my Mom died in 2005... & I'm telling you; stick to this program & you've got it made!

I've dropped 10lbs since July 29th: not even 1 month, & already I'm down about 6.25% of my body weight! It helped me to get motivated. Now I'm considering joining a local gym to help tone up.

It's not always about losing weight, it's about getting/staying healthy & happy. For me, that's dropping the 40lbs I put on since my Mom died... or at least 30.

It's all individual. But this site works; stick to it, & you'll see results. :flowerforyou: