Tummy help - Post Partum

Options
Had my 4th baby this summer. My stomach is just not what it used to be! I am 20 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight and my jeans are quite loose in the thighs and bottom. I hate how they bunch up. Got out my one size smaller jeans yesterday and they fit super well except for the stomach, couldn't quite button them. I hate being in between sizes. Anything specific I can do to help shrink that area a bit faster than everything else to get those jeans on???

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Nope, you can't spot reduce.

If it's fat, all you can do is eat at a caloric deficit, put some work in (cardio and compound lifting) and be patient. Your body burns fat from wherever it wants, and the midsection is usually the last place. You can get smaller in the midsection with just a caloric deficit and patience, but you would probably be happier with your results if you did it with a good mix of cardio and lifting.
  • sandmama
    sandmama Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Figured spot reducing wouldn't really work. Been doing lots of cardio, need to figure out a way to get in some weights.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Thanks! Figured spot reducing wouldn't really work. Been doing lots of cardio, need to figure out a way to get in some weights.

Definitely. I did a ton of cardio back in the day, but didn't really see the results I wanted until I took lifting much more seriously.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I second lifting. I'm finally starting to lose my belly. I've been lifting and eating at a deficit for 6 months now. Had my son May 16th of this year. If you don't have gym access, you could go on Craigslist and maybe luck out on a good deal on bench and weights. If not, body weight exercises are still better than nothing. You are you're own gym I've heard is good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

^This is a good read too. :) You can do it!
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Clean eating/less processed foods. Once I stopped eating processed foods, the first place I started losing was my belly.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Clean eating/less processed foods. Once I stopped eating processed foods, the first place I started losing was my belly.

:huh: