Anyone know a website for exercise routines?

Options
I've been at this since August (this time), and I've only lost about 15 lbs. total. I'm hoping to shake up my exercise routine, and specifically to add some strength training. The thing is, I'm not sure what to add or how to even make an exercise routine. Does anyone know of a website that has sample routines? If not, even just a site w/ good advice about how to create a routine would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You're new to strength training? Don't even attempt to try to create your own routine.

Google Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength (Mark Rippetoe), and New Rules of Lifting for Women.

You can get videos to see how to do all the lifts from the above resources on youtube - and you can find many on bodybuilding.com. As a beginner, though, I wouldn't look to do any of the bodybuilding.com programs.
  • gr34t
    gr34t Posts: 15
    Options
    Have a look at BodBot: www.bodbot.com

It's still an early stage startup but it looks rather promising. You can give detailed information on your overall goal, the body parts you're interested in most (if any), how long and how often you want to exercise and it will generate a workout plan which also adapts to your actual results you key in afterwards (e.g. how many sit-ups you did). It has a large database of exercises, be it for exercising at home with or without equipment, in the gym and even some outdoor activities.

You get brief instructions on how to do the exercises with a photo, and an increasing amount of videos as well. It's free (there's a pro version with features such as a basic mfp-like calorie intake module etc). There are iOS and Android apps as well.

PS: Not affiliated but it's already the most sophisticated (scientific!?) service of its kind I've ever seen or heard of.