Introduction and Resolve!

Howdy!

I have been a member for a while but rarely use the site and have never posted in the forums. (Until now.) I want to start utilizing the trackers and forums, so figured an introduction was in order.

I'm 24, female, and have been overweight since I was a kid. I am ready for a change.

I recently spent six months living and working on an organic vegetable farm and lost a bit of weight, but gained a lot of strength. I want to keep it up and take it further! I've often thought "if I could just get down to 170, that'd be great. I can live with some pudge." This morning on a walk/jog, I had this overwhelming thought of "Forget Pudge, forget modest goals... I want to get FIT."

So there!

Aside from weight loss and getting fit, I am interested in sustainable farming and homesteading, being outside, folk music/playing banjo, crafty endeavors, cooking, and reading. I would love to meet some kindred folks on here.

Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy Friday.

Cheers!

Replies

• mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Hey there! It's nice to meet you :) I read your post here and have a few things in common. I was home-schooled growing up and my folks tried really hard to eat healthy organic foods as much as we could. I have always been into fitness and health, as long as I can remember. I love staying healthy and FIT. If you're looking for a workout buddy, I'd love to partner up and help keep each other motivated. Currently I am not trying to lose anymore weight, just trying to stay the same size and tone up. But I love supporting and getting support from others :)

Tanya
  • Thanks, mizztanjo! I feel like I know a fair amount about healthy eating/nutrition, but next to nothing about exercise. I'm starting off with jogging because it seems pretty foolproof! If you don't mind my greeness, I'd definitely love to have a work out buddy.