2 a days

Options
Does anyone here do 2 workouts a day? If so what is your strategy? I enjoy doing cardio in the mornings and am currently doing that 4 days a week with 2 planned off days. I'm contemplating doing weights or a second workout the evening before a scheduled off day. I realize this will add some stress to my body but think it's doable.
I'm not where I want to be and really in no rush but like the idea of extra workouts. Who else does that?

Replies

• awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I have 2 days a week where my weights and my cardio share the same day. It can be done and it is not relatively hard. You just have to time your nutrition and sleep right for success.
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have to pay better attention to my food intake for sure. Have to make sure I ease into it more than anything.

I originally meant 3 planned off days.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I do every weekday - I cycle to work and back every day and also do weights on two of those days, so technically 3 workouts on those days. It's doable and I don't feel exhausted. Plus, getting my heart rate up 2 or 3 times per day in a workout has to be good for me
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I definitely think it's doable. Before I started T25, I was doing a Beachbody hybrid that had me doing cardio in the morning and strength at night. I loved it and didn't find it hard to fit in at all (although my workouts are only 30 min each). Even now I do a little stretching session before I go to bed. Not that I count that as a workout, but I also love to keep my body moving a little at the end of the day. Especially since I have a very very sedentary job 90% of the time (artist). I'd say as long as you feel good, keep going. If you start to feel strained, take it easy.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I do! Almost everyday. While i was losing weight - i did it to help lose - and also so i could eat more Now that i have just about hit my goal - i do it because i have so much more energy that i feel like i haven't done enough unless i do two things a day.
    I am a cyclist so i do ride quite often - about 4-5 times a week for a hour or 1.5 hours. And i play tennis. Because of an injury a year ago that i am recently recovering from - i now play 3 times a week. That is for 1.5 hours to 2 hours each time. And i started weight training which i try to get in 3 times a week for an hour. I love it all and really don't take any days off. But every now and then - i get tired and realize my body needs a day of rest!
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for you replies! I don't want to bite off more than I can chew but knowing it's possible makes me feel confident I can too. Will ease into it in next week or 2 and see how my body reacts. Thanks again!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I occasionally do strength before work and run after. As I step up training for my half marathon I will be doing it 3x a week.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to do that when I was just starting my journey to weight loss, 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening, I find it effective however, I felt really tired so I'm doing an hour a day at present. :)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    it depends on goals.

I've learned from tinkering and by accident that when I'm trying to lose fat it's better (but very difficult) to exercise less and eat less.

So I could see myself doing two a days while trying to gain or maintain.