Teeter Hang Ups - your opinions

Options
I've always seen the Teeter Hang Up commercials on tv and wondered if they were worth the cost. I recently saw one on sale at Sports Authority for $299. Since I have lower back issues, I'm thinking about purchasing one but would like to hear from people with experience using one.

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never used one. But I did a quick google because I wasn't familiar with the name (now I know what you're talking about). I found this.

http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-Ups-EP-550-Inversion/product-reviews/B0017LAORK

The reviews might be helpful to you.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Didn't I see one of those in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie? Or was that some other movie. Hrm. All I know is it's apparently a good way to drain blood from a body.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Ha, I have one, a different brand. It was around $175 on Amazon, years ago. I wouldn't pay $299. It's mainly a good stretch is all, in my opinion. It's hard to spend much time inverted. The blood goes to your head and your feet support your body weight, though you can go less than fully inverted, too. And the boots are cushiony. I'd find one in a gym or a friend's house and try it, if possible.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had one that holds you by your ankles, and I think it did some good but also some bad, if that makes sense. I had some sciatic nerve issues that seemed to get worse and cause numbness in my leg when I used it, so I stopped. A friend of ours borrowed it for awhile when he had to quit work for a few weeks because of a back problem, he said it did the trick. I kind of think it's hit or miss, depending on what your particular issue is. I believe hubby bought ours online for under $50, but he's always looking for deals out there.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My mom has one, she has a pinched nerve and it helps her.