Bacon wrapped chicken with a twist (with pic)

Options
13»

Replies

• glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    made this last night but with turkey bacon (i had some left over no use wasting it!) but stuffed with spinach and my husband loved it! 1/2 cup mashed potatoes on the side and the rest of the spinach. great meal! and it was quick to prepare just took forever cooking (we were hungry!)

Did you use fresh or frozen spinach?
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    *Drool*
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    This looks yummy and not too bad on calories
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! Thanks!
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious and has the potential for so many varieties!
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to make some of these for next week :).

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but just to confirm: one serving is one breast right?
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I made your recipe this weekend but I totally forgot about the bacon. I sprinkled on some panko bread crumbs before it went into the over. It was so good. I love how the cream cheese and cranberries balanced each other. Thanks for the recipe!

But... but... the bacon was the main ingredient, was it not? How do you forget the bacon in BACON-wrapped chicken?! It is just not the same dish!

:) Can you tell I love me some bacon?
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to make some of these for next week :).

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but just to confirm: one serving is one breast right?

Not a dumb question.

The way I made it, one serving is one chicken breast yes, but it's pretty good size. You could probably do with half as a portion if you were limited on your calories for the evening and save the other half for lunch the next day.
  • mrsctpace
    mrsctpace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump...making this 2night!!!
  • linka411
    Options
    quick question, as i'm making this tonight: how big was the chicken you used? The breast I'm using is about 9.5 oz, and mfp already says it's about 400+ calories.

In total it's about 641 calories based on the ingredients I got. Did I do something wrong? :sad:

edit: looks like i was measuring for cooked chicken, not the raw one I actually have right now. It was fewer calories, (hooray!) but in total it seems like the version with my ingredients winds up being more than 350. I plan on having half a breast tonight for dinner along with veggies to compensate :3. Can't wait either way! I'll try to figure out where I went wrong next time with the ingredients I got. It may have been the bacon I picked and the cream cheese.
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    quick question, as i'm making this tonight: how big was the chicken you used? The breast I'm using is about 9.5 oz, and mfp already says it's about 400+ calories.

In total it's about 641 calories based on the ingredients I got. Did I do something wrong? :sad:

edit: looks like i was measuring for cooked chicken, not the raw one I actually have right now. It was fewer calories, (hooray!) but in total it seems like the version with my ingredients winds up being more than 350. I plan on having half a breast tonight for dinner along with veggies to compensate :3. Can't wait either way! I'll try to figure out where I went wrong next time with the ingredients I got. It may have been the bacon I picked and the cream cheese.

It will vary depending on how big of a chicken breast you use. Definitely use you own measurements. I used a thinner and smaller cut. If you want, next time halve the chicken lengthwise and follow directions that way. Most grocery stores also sell chicken breast cutlets that work well for this also, and they are usually thinner sliced.
  • linka411
    Options
    Aaah that's what I figured. I'll use cutlets next time.

BTW, I did make it, with 1 strip of bacon and half the cranberries and cheese. I'm eating half of it now as we speak along with some veggies. IT'S GLORIOUSLY DELICIOUS TuT.

Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm definitely going to come back to this and make it like the original, and with some mods like spinach and mushrooms as one of the posters mentioned.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • patty1949
    patty1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yum
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    Aaah that's what I figured. I'll use cutlets next time.

BTW, I did make it, with 1 strip of bacon and half the cranberries and cheese. I'm eating half of it now as we speak along with some veggies. IT'S GLORIOUSLY DELICIOUS TuT.

Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm definitely going to come back to this and make it like the original, and with some mods like spinach and mushrooms as one of the posters mentioned.

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway! :)

ETA: If you do use cutlets, you might need to cut down on the cooking time to avoid the chicken drying out. Use your meat thermometer to keep an eye on the internal temp, and that'll do just fine.