Yesterdays Graduation Pictures !!!

Options
When I got dressed for my Graduation I felt so beautiful. I curled my hair, put on make-up and a beautiful dress with AMAZING heels. But the mirror lies. After my graduation, I took pictures with all my family.. Yes, I was very happy they were all there for me and supporting me.. But....... the pictures......

I didn't know I was so... BIG. I looked ginormous.. and the heels? Just made me look even bigger. And for the rest of my life I'll see those "fat girl" pictures.. I'm proud of myself for graduating but it still bothers me..

Anybody have similar problems ?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have definitely had issues like that.

I don't know if this also happens to you...but it has happened to me at both my heaviest and lightest: You sometimes take 30 photos in one day, maybe with different lighting, photographers, angles, etc...even if they are all simple candid shots...you can look hot/thin/great in some of the photos and horrrrrrrible in others. That's always happened to me.

Don't let it get you down. You are on the right track being proud of graduating, and if that's you in the photo you look beautiful.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about having to see yourself fat in pictures that will be around for a long time. Can't give any insights about what I would look like in heels, but I can tell you that having those fat pictures around can be a good thing once you lose some weight. I have a couple of those right on the pantry door and they are good deterrents to grabbing some chips. Also, when I see myself with the extra pounds I am now proud of how far I have come and of the very visible changes I accomplished.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yes I did years ago when I was 16 yrs old.

Cousin's wedding. Thought I looked so cute...until the pics came back...

OMYGOODNESS the family pic.. I was the biggest and looked like a hippo! I had no ideal I was that big....

So I feel your pain when realizing you aren't what you thought you were....

and I haven't seen a pic of it since.... my wonderful grandmother RIP, love that lady, knew me so well that when I went over to visit her she CUT ME OUT THE PICTURE! LMAO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

I love her for that!

The other family members that have the picture I don't visit them much so,,, whateva...lol