Tyson Chicken

Options
i make a week worth of meals and freeze them since i do not have a lot of free time. I tried to cook my own chicken and then freeze it and well it taste like crap. im thinking about using Tyson chicken, i know it has high sodium and a few other things, but to be honest what isent GMO or hormone up without spending a lot of money for organic, and i just cant afford that., but as long as i use the the portion size correctly will i be fine with that?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so much cheaper to just do it yourself.

i use trader joe frozen chicken breast and thighs and cook them ina crockpot.
    why do yours taste like crap? is it because of lack of flavor? you can play around with hearbs and spices you add to the crockpot.

when i cook them in a crockpot i usually add a litttle low sodium broth and will add in salt, pepper, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, lemongrass and basil.

another option is a quick and easy curry coconut chicken with a little coconut milk, chopped veggies and curry powder
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the brand of chicken.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Crazy as it seems I use a crock pot. Put a little chicken broth at the bottom of the pot and put potatoes, carrots, or just vegetables without the potatoes. Season the chicken with garlic, salt, pepper, some rosemary and put the lid on. Cook on low for four to five hours. It is healthy and delicious. You can even skin the chicken if you don't want all the fat. They have instant brown rice that cooks in less than a minute if you would rather have rice. I buy books with all crock pot recipes and they are very easy to make. If you want any other ideas of what you can make in a crock pot just ask. Tyson chicken is very salty and greasy and has too many preservatives. Make it healthy and you will love it! Maryann