Do i need to eat more protein???

Options
I only get around 45-70grams a day!!! What is the best foods for me to up more protein without uping my calories to much.... I know eggs but anything else???:smile:

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy muscle milk light. Its really tasty and comes in lots of flavors and its 195 calories and 25g protein. I'd say the strawberry milkshake is my favorite.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Some yogurts have high protein and low calories. I do protein that you add into water and mix. That helps.Kashi put out cereals that are high in protein. I mix some in my yogurts. God Bless, brenda
  • kskye82
    kskye82 Posts: 56
    Options
    I really like the Pure Protein bars. The Smores and the Peanut Butter Marshmallow are really good and only 180 calories!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt - has higher protein options.

BSN protein shake mix - tastes a hundred times better than Muscle Milk. Find at Vitamin Shoppe or bodybuilding.com

I would stay away from most protein bars, they add extra sugar to improve the taste.

Make your protein choices with lean meats. Check out Egg Whites International for egg white protien. This is carried at Nutrishop.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!! :wink:
  • Superman79
    Options
    Free range Chicken breasts are only about 130 calories and pack 25g of protein. Try to stay away from almost anything you find in a typical grocery store. Muscle milk and items like that aren't worth a poop. Instead, go for Beachbody's P90x bars, or I prefer clif builder bars. Also, your body can only metabolize around 20 grams of protein at any one time, so taking in much more than that at one time is a waste. :happy:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!! :smile: