Blue Diamond whole, natural almonds?

Options
I have been buying these lately in a small can and the can states 1 servings is about 28 almonds and is 160 calories. The other day I bought a larger container of them that comes in a bag and it states 1 serving is about 24 almonds and is 160 calories. Anyone know why one would say 24 and the other 28? Thanks, I am curious!

Replies

• hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would guess it might be because almonds vary slightly in size. On things like that I would rather go by weight b/c then you know, is there a weight listed for a serving?
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I bought a can of these earlier today at work. I went with the 28 per serving.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I don't have a food scale. Right, the *can* says 28 per serving but the bag says 24 per serving...I don't get it :huh:
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The companies that make these products try to be helpful when they include stuff like x chips = y cals, and if you don't care too much about 100% accuracy then don't worry about it, but if you do want to be sure then buy a food scale and you can measure out a serving (the cheapest model is fine and will cost like $6-$7).
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It depends on the size of the almond. there will be fewer big almonds in one ounce and more smaller sized almonds for the same weight.