Binging like crazy

Options
Hello :)
I've been trying to lose weight since November 2012. I went from 1,55m/68kg to 1, 57m/47kg and and didn't really want to lose that much weight anymore, I just wanted to lose the last bit of fat on stomach because I want a flatter stomach and I store all my fat on my stomach and my hips.

I know that I didn't eat enough calories most days (mostly I didn't even hit 1200 calories) - not because I didn't eat enough, but because I ate things that are low in calories.
I've also counted calories like crazy. I limited myself to 30g of fat and 60 - 90g of carbs and already paniked when I had more carbs for dinner than I wanted to have or when I had over 25g of carbs for lunch. I was obsessed with calorie counting

At the beginning of december I said to myself that I want to try and reach my goal as long as possible, but we went to many christmas markets etc and I knew it'd be hard. But I still lost some weight and my stomach has gotten a bit flatter.

But on Friday hell started. On friday I ate quite a lot of food, but I didn't see it as a binge because I knew what I was doing. Saturday and Sunday went well as well.. but on monday hell started for real.

We went away with my class and I ate 3 sandwiches with full fat cheese and turkey sausage. Then I ate lots of chocolate because everyone ate it and I have a sweet tooth. In the evening it got really bad and I ate a package of milka nougat balls and nougat pralines. I'm sure I consumed 1500 calories just from that. On that day I probably ate 4000 calories.
Tuesday wasn't better, even more chocolate.
Wednesday = two binges. One for lunch and one in the evening
Thursday was the worst day.. I had three binges. I ate chocolate, cookies, cereals with milk, bread with butter and bolognese sauce for lunch, a whole package nougat pralines in the afternoon and a whole package of celebration in the evening.. it was horrible and I felt so bloated and fat.
Yesterday, Friday, was good. We got lots of chocolate at school and I ate lots of it, but I knew what I was doing and I felt like I was under control. I also weighted less again today in the morning. (48, 5kg)

Today in the morning I was alone at home and I had a binge again. I ate a whole package of schogetten nougat pralines, around 5-7 pick-ups, two slices of bread with butter and a whole glass of bolognese sauce, 1 gingerbread cookie.. luckily we didn't have milk, otherwise I'm sure it would've been even worse... oh and I had 3 handful of salted peanuts..plus my breakfast

I feel so disgusting, fat and bloated. I can't believe I'm ruining my progress this much. And now christmas is coming, I really don't look forward to it

All year I was looking forward to christmas, but now I am afraid of it..

I gained almost 3-4 kg this week and I really hope it goes away again as soon as I start to eat normal again and start to exercise.. but I'm afraid that it's all fat and not much bloating etc. I hope I can get back on track again soon..

My question:

How often do you have binges?
What do you binge on?
How many calories do you eat when you binge?
What was your longest binge yet?

Thanks for answering my questions :*

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for sharing your story!!

I do have crazy binges where I will eat and eat and eat, and to be honest......... I am not even hungry!

Calories vary from binges and recently its on lots of choc and naughty foods as its Christmas.

Maybe you need to ask yourself are you doing it because your bored? Lonely etc? Also the things your binging on, are these because you have cut them from your normal diet?

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it or cry over spilt milk - Like today I have eaten 2 choc bars, about 10 biscuits, 5 slices of bread, 3 Weetabix with milk, salted cashews - But I don't really care as its Christmas and I am being more relaxed with myself, obviously I don't eat like this everyday otherwise I would be huge lol!! But I am going to the gym, and will burn lots of calories off and then drink plenty of water - Life is too short

Good luck