Christmas Binging

Options
I haven't been on a 'diet' and exercising for days now :( I know I shouldn't make myself feel oh-so bad about it but it is so hard to keep on track with the holidays. I've been eating 'bad' food and not caring about my calorie deficit. I'm afraid whatever progress I've got is lost and starting over is going to be more difficult than before :(

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Being on a "diet" is your first problem. Labeling foods as "bad" is your second.

I haven't dieted a single day I've been here. Haven't restricted any foods from my menus. I eat. I plan around my goals and favorite foods. I fit them all in. That's how to succeed.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Being on a "diet" is your first problem. Labeling foods as "bad" is your second.

I haven't dieted a single day I've been here. Haven't restricted any foods from my menus. I eat. I plan around my goals and favorite foods. I fit them all in. That's how to succeed.
    +1
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I think binging is the wrong word. More like your having difficulties staying on track during the holidays. The only thing I can say is if you want to be healthy you will dig deep and find a way to get thru without indulging in all the offerings. Learn to say no or have a taste or two and then be done with it. After all this is going to be your life style from now on and you may as well learn how to deal with it now as apposed to later. You should NOT be on a diet now, you should be changing your habits for a lifelong change. Start looking at it differently and you may find it easier to stay on track
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

+ 2
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It is tough this time of year. Goodies everywhere!! Try planning around them, so you don't feel deprived. Yesterday, I ate six cookies but was still within my calorie goal. I knew I wanted some so I made sure I had enough calories left.
  • delisisters
    delisisters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the saying 'If you're tired of starting over, quit giving up'. It's not about a "diet". It's a lifestyle change. You can still have the foods you enjoy, but it's all about moderation. If you deprive yourself of the foods you love, you're more likely to binge more often.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Definitely this!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Well you sound a little down. Not atypical for this time of year and you're not way off track. Keep logging. Your diary is not horrible, you should see mine. Maybe try to get some exercise, even a short walk every day will help. Also 1200 is really restrictive. Do some research into BMR and TDEE, I don't know your activity level but maybe 1500 would be more suitable and you'd be less hungry.

Plus listen to tigersword.