someone ate my lunch!

Options
So I spent an hour or so baking chicken, steaming cauliflower, and making stuff for a few meals for the next few days of work. I prepared them, threw them in their tupperware and went off to bed. Coincidentally my roommate was out drinking and one of his friends came over and since the food places were closed he told him to eat anything out of the fridge. He literally took one of my prepared meals, tupperware and all home...are you ****ing kidding me? No, I'm not a bodybuilder, but I rely on prepared meals for work a lot. This is just a ran. But how badly would this piss you off?

Replies

• wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Someone would be handing over some cash for my groceries and time, plus getting a lecture on respect! Just sayin'.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Even if you're drunk, who steals a tupperware container of chicken, cauliflower, and stuffing? This is why I can't wait to live on my own again!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    That is messed up. I feel for you after all the effort you went through.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Punch him in the face!

Burn_After_Reading_Punch_GIF_by_Teri928.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    People who steal food are the scum of the earth...

No, but seriously, at least this didn't happen at work leaving you with NOTHING to eat for the day, which I've had happen on numerous occasions. My husband almost got fired for threatening his coworkers when this happened to him. He's OCD and Irish, think Hulk angry...

I would say at a MINIMUM you are owed a nice meal and an apology!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'd be livid, My temper would just go, and when my temper goes, I go far with it. I would basically have a tantrum, shouting, screaming, maybe once in a while I could even throw something (rare for me- only happened very few times). Something like that would send me over the edge and I'd make them make it for me again, wash the tupperware etc.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't know who the kid is, luckily for my roommate I am at work all day and all he got was a nasty WTF text from me...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I would say it's the roommate who owes the apology anyways, the friend just did what your roommate told him....
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Don't make me hangry, you won't like me when I am hangry.

I would never do that, not a meal that had been made. I might steal some bread to make toast or an egg or something but not something someone has gone to some sort of trouble over. Although I think your house mate should really be the one held responsible as they told the friend to take anything!

I remember as a child (about 7) I had been sent to school with my packed lunch - soup in a thermos. Now I was old enough to know that you have to be careful as if it gets bashed it can break. Well some eejit child managed to knock it out of my bag and on to the floor (possibly from the back of my chair) just sheer ignorance not like they fell and knocked it over! My flask smashed and I was distraught that I would have no lunch. I even remember the teaching assistant trying to console me with "it might be ok" I looked at her like she was stupid and said that you could hear the shards of glass in the flask - you really could. I have no idea if I got any lunch that day or what happened after that but that part has stayed with me for life! I can picture the boy who did it clear as day!
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would say it's the roommate who owes the apology anyways, the friend just did what your roommate told him....

^^^This ... along with a new Tupperware container and lunch!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Don't make me hangry, you won't like me when I am hangry.

Ha! Love it! :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When I had roommates I would write "Eat and Die" on all of my food. No one ate any of it. Invest in a few sharpies.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed/pissed off when someone eats part of my lunch (they're my macros, dammit), if they took the whole thing id be livid!
  • Skyrim123456
    Options
    This would piss me off too!
  • mtapia713
    mtapia713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The plus side is you must make yummy looking food. Good thing you know how to cook. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This happens when you have roomates. I wouldn't get my panties all in a twist about it unless this sort of thing happened often.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    WTF!?! Your roommate and his friend are *kitten*! I'd make your roommate make you replacement meals!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sounds like there are some food stealing folk on this board :noway:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Put a mini fridge in your room and a lock on your bedroom door that's what I did.