Using MFP recommendations....

Options
Hi, i just started using the site after signing up a loooong time ago
I noticed when i track calories it says how many grams of carbs/fat/sugar/protein I should aim for
My question is, if i hit my target calories and meet these recommendations, will I loose more weight than if I meet my calorie intake and exceed these limits?

Replies

• LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Calories is for weight. But the recommended nutrients will help you feel better.
    Mfp seems to only give minimum requirements though. So I would look into what is recommended for /you/ :)

However to lose weight, you don't really need to follow the nutrients, but it does help you stay on track and stay healthy
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just worry about calories for now. Weight loss = calories in must be < calories out. Even if your fat's a little over goal and your carbs and protein are under, as long as you're using more calories than you're eating/drinking, you'll be fine. You don't get bonus fat loss for meeting macros. With me, they just help with making sure i don't feel as bloated the next day.
  • lumiris
    lumiris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hmm, ok thanks for replying everyone ! :)
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    From the beginning, I changed my macros to 30/30/40 for carbs/protein/fat. But, my calories are what I pay more attention to vs my macros. However, I have a goal to keep my protein to about 1/2 my body weight in grams. It seems to work for me.

Add me if you'd like. :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    From the beginning, I changed my macros to 30/30/40 for carbs/protein/fat. But, my calories are what I pay more attention to vs my macros. However, I have a goal to keep my protein to about 1/2 my body weight in grams. It seems to work for me.

Add me if you'd like. :)

How do you change your percentages? I've never really seen any place to do this.
    THanks ;)