Post-baby belly pouch/skin

Options
I've always been a pear shape, that is my weight gathered on my chunky thighs and bum. My stomach was never a problem, would never take more than a few weeks of diet/exercise to get it flat. NOW since having a baby 4 months ago it has all changed. I have a little pouch there now which doesn't respond at all like how it used to. I've lost weight but it won't come from there :( does anyone have experience of this? Or successful experiences even? I really hope that if/when I get to my target weight, I won't still have this little pouch of fat/skin here

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    The stretched skin could take 1-2 years to snap back.

What have you been doing for exercise?
  • Donnaprincess
    Options
    I use my cross trainer at home whenever I can. I can't get to the gym now with my baby to look after so only really get to exercise if he's sleeping. I would pay out for a tummy-tuck but I might have another kid in a year or so, so the money would be wasted :(
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Your tummy stretched for several months, so give it some time. I've had 4 children. With my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd babies, I was able to get back to normal within a year with just diet and exercise. On a side note, though, my tummy is not flat. But, it wasn't flat before I had any children, either. But it did get back to where it was pre-baby. You'll get there!