can you exercise too much??

Options
Im doing P90X right now and i've found in the past it is so easy for me to fall of the wagon. I do well on a schedule. Anytime in the past if i let myself have a cheat meal, it turns into a cheat couple days and weeks and before i know it im starting all over. The same with my exercise, one day off turns into a few days off and so on. So im really nervous for my first day off tomorrow. If im working out 6 days a week would it be bad for me to not take that 7th day off?? I was hoping to do turbo jam, hip hop abs, one of my yoga or pilates disks. Any advice??

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! From everything I've ever read, its advised to take at least 1 day off per week. Your body (and mind) needs recovery time. If you dont get it, exercise will become counter productive; you'll get injuries, stress, fatigue etc

I think a relaxing yoga class would be ok though, if you have to do something. Or go for a long walk? Just stick to something low intensity and not too strenuous on your muscles.

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    you dont have to take the day off...you can do the stretch and it is actually a workout lol I love it more than yoga!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You can overtrain and it can cause illness and injury But that would be working out 2-3 hours a day. Doing P90x 1 time a day 6 days a week should not be a problem. That is an hour a day and on the 7th rest or light cardio to stay on track. Finding your balance with life, food and exercise is Key. Consisatncey is Key
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like you cannot take a day off from exercise. That would be my downfall. I do regular workouts 5 days a week On day 6 and day 7 I walk and do light jogging for those days. This way I stay active and get 10,000 steps in at least those two days. God Bless, brenda :flowerforyou: