20 lbs by xmas, who's with me?

Options
I want to eat 20 pounds of pizza by xmas. Join me on this wonderful journey. :happy:

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO

cookies or bust.:angry:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Ok, cookies are a good substitution for pizza. Or ice cream, or whatever. Good luck on your journey!
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well given this is an MFP post someone has to make a snarky comment about feasibility and throw in some back of the envelope math to back it. So here goes. It is not possible to eat 20 lbs of pizza between now and Christmas. Christmas is only 4 days away so you would have to eat 5 lbs of pizza a day. Your body cannot do that. I encourage you to adopt a more sustainable goal like 1 lb of pizza for the next 20 days. You will find that by doing so your body will also have a better assimilation rate, giving you more effective weight gain from that pizza.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    How about substituting one of those Reese's giant half-pound peanut butter cups?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I support you. And salute you.

acdc-for-those-abou2rock-2.jpg
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i'm in

tumblr_my0uinrBYg1qlzn72o1_500.gif
  • coop47
    Options
    That is funny. I must admit, you got me. Congratulations! You did a fine job of advertising....getting attention.
    So how are you doing with this goal? Actually, it may not be all that ambitious. What does a large pizza weigh? 2-3 lbs.? More?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Would that be thin crust or deep dish?
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    That is funny. I must admit, you got me. Congratulations! You did a fine job of advertising....getting attention.
    So how are you doing with this goal? Actually, it may not be all that ambitious. What does a large pizza weigh? 2-3 lbs.? More?

Ask.com says 3 lbs.

Arguments?

35215480_comic_guy_xlarge.jpeg
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    Well given this is an MFP post someone has to make a snarky comment about feasibility and throw in some back of the envelope math to back it. So here goes. It is not possible to eat 20 lbs of pizza between now and Christmas. Christmas is only 4 days away so you would have to eat 5 lbs of pizza a day. Your body cannot do that. I encourage you to adopt a more sustainable goal like 1 lb of pizza for the next 20 days. You will find that by doing so your body will also have a better assimilation rate, giving you more effective weight gain from that pizza.

Ha.... I scoff at your rEdiculous logic, and broscience. A large pizza is 3 lbs. So says Ask.com.... if you include today and Xmas day in his goal.... that's 5 days. 5 days to eat 7 large pizzas, which will put him over by a lb. If the pizzas are sliced into 8 slices, that's 11 slices per day, which is easily attainable. 5 small meals of 2.2 slices each... that's the way to do it. Or intermittent fasting, he can eat 14 slices per day for 4 days and fast on Xmas.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    NO

cookies or bust.:angry:

X2. I refuse to have pizza until at least... New Year's Eve probably.
  • Sweetpea6896
    Sweetpea6896 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Lol
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    DOOOO EEEET

pizza-panza_zps4e7727c8.gif

My only question is, toppings? Extra cheese? DETAILS MUST BE HAD.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Ha.... I scoff at your rEdiculous logic, and broscience. A large pizza is 3 lbs. So says Ask.com.... if you include today and Xmas day in his goal.... that's 5 days. 5 days to eat 7 large pizzas, which will put him over by a lb. If the pizzas are sliced into 8 slices, that's 11 slices per day, which is easily attainable. 5 small meals of 2.2 slices each... that's the way to do it. Or intermittent fasting, he can eat 14 slices per day for 4 days and fast on Xmas.

Well I am intrigued by the math. I'll give benefit of doubt on a five day window, but anyone joining now would not have a full day today so the window is still about 4 days. Have you ever tried to consume 4-5 lbs of anything other than water in a single day? Energy density of food determines stomach emptying time and gut passage rates. Hence fiber will speed you up and cheese tends to slow you down. We also need to consider the volume of soda or beer that must accompany swallowing so much pizza and to offset the thirst of that much salt. In the end, I still question if it is doable for most normal humans. I think the diet you propose might work for one day, maybe even two but the sheer mass and constipation would likely become limiting well before 4 days.

Let's just say that empirical data is what is needed. I want to see the experiment...I just don't want to do it myself.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Well I am intrigued by the math. I'll give benefit of doubt on a five day window, but anyone joining now would not have a full day today so the window is still about 4 days. Have you ever tried to consume 4-5 lbs of anything other than water in a single day? Energy density of food determines stomach emptying time and gut passage rates. Hence fiber will speed you up and cheese tends to slow you down. We also need to consider the volume of soda or beer that must accompany swallowing so much pizza and to offset the thirst of that much salt. In the end, I still question if it is doable for most normal humans. I think the diet you propose might work for one day, maybe even two but the sheer mass and constipation would likely become limiting well before 4 days.

Let's just say that empirical data is what is needed. I want to see the experiment...I just don't want to do it myself.

How do you know he hasn't been training for this. Also, the man is freakishly tall. Wouldn't that stand to reason that his capacity load is large as well?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

How do you know he hasn't been training for this. Also, the man is freakishly tall. Wouldn't that stand to reason that his capacity load is large as well?

I just wanted to quote this. Otter probably can guess why.

But everyone, please, carry on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:
  • sloth3toes
    Options

Well, I'm in the Pacific TZ, so he posted at 11:34 my time... If he'd started the experiment at that time, that would have given him close enough to count it as a full day. Personally, I am quite sure that I could eat 4 large slices of pizza 3 times a day, for 5 days with relative ease. But, like you, I don't want to do it myself.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Haha so not what I was expecting. A little relieved. I was like please let this be a very old thread topic. No I will pass but only because I am lactose intolerant and that is too much cheese.