Hey how are ya!

Options
Hello,
My name is Jessica. I am a mommy to 4 beautiful kids ages 6, 4, 2, and 6 months. I am currently 270lbs. My goal is to lose 100lbs in the next year. I am here to change one more aspect of my life. I started college 2 days ago to get a BA and weightloss is just another way to better me. Since I'm turning everything upside down I figure I might as well do this too and get a routine set up that I can carry through on. Hope to find a good home for all the help I can get!

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate! The path to success is develop good habits and have lots of patience on yourself. You can change your nutrition, and it will benefit your kids immensely! Kudos!

Are you going to school full time or part time? I was in University as a single mom with two kids and 2 -3 jobs. It was tough. Also money was lean. Success will mean planning, and taking the weight loss slow. Definitely see a doctor and if he/she says 100lbs is ambitious, then make it 50 or 60 or whatever works...it is the lifestyle you want, not some goal that isgoing to sabotage your long term success.

Overall you are making great changes and I wish you every success :flowerforyou:
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Wow, that's really hard. I did that when my kids were 2 and 5 and I did cardio kickboxing to lose my weight before but I just didn't eat. Therefore, when I started eating again, it just all came back cuz I stopped the cardio. Take 10 lbs at a time and just keep meeting each of your 10 lb goals. I have found that it seems to be less overwhelming when I do that than just say I have 130 lbs to lose. God bless you on your weight loss journey!!