Still have massive arms. =(

Options
Hi,

I started this journey around 5'4, 225lbs and started MFP at 215. I'm now down to 160lbs with 20-30lbs to go and these arms are still so horrible. I'm doing cardio, I'm doing strength training and I'm slowly lowering my BF% but they're not going down. They got a little harder which is really awesome! but the size and measurements have been almost the same all the way through. =(

They're sitting at around 35.5cms/ 14inch. At 225 they were 37cms/14.6inch. I know you can't spot lose weight but has anyone got any tips or ideas on what I can do to get these arms down in size and keep toning? Am I on the right track but just need to keep lowering BF%?

Any tips are welcome and will help! Thank you all. I wouldn't have gotten this far with out you =)

Replies

• westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I stored a lot of weight in my arms and upper back too. it drove me insane!! it was the last place I lost weight from. hang in there, it will come off I promise. you sound like your doing all the right things. it maybe the last place you lose weight from but if your like me the will have of drove you mad enough that you worked them most and the end result it everyone tells you how amazing your arms and back look.

btw My starting weight was 200 and I'm also 5'4" I'm now 130lbs. my arms are 11inch that's as small as mine will ever be I think but there is no flab left so I'm happy :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It is just where your body will likely lose its fat stores from last. Nothing to worry about, just will take time and patience. :)
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yay! =) thank you both for posting. I was starting to worry I was doing something wrong. My whole body went out of wack and I've lost soo much from my legs and buns =( and I'm now really top heavy so I'm thinking that's also why it's coming off there so slowly.

I'll keep on doing what I'm doing and we'll see how I go with these last 20-30lbs =D