Helloooo from Louisiana!

Options
I am a 24 year old female who lives in the great state of Louisiana where the food is good and the portions are big. I have been fat most of my life (packed on the weight from 1st grade onward). I currently weigh about 300 lbs . Which I do not like one bit! And I am here to do something about it. I would LOVE to add some supportive friends. I am looking to loose 150 lbs (half of me- oh my!).

I know me I NEED the support. So feel free to add me. I also wouldn't mind if some one wanted to (privately of course) exchange maybe phone numbers for supportive txt messaged (like one to get off my *kitten* and go do my walk) or Skype or just on here lol.

But yeah my nickname here and in real life is Dancing Muffin. I do love to dance. Uncoordinated as all hell but I do love to dance and I want to dance more, its not cool to bust out 2 moves and be out of breath. So im actually starting my excersize with Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies. Oh how i use to hate his videos in high school gym but i LOVE them now. We start some where :)

But yeah I am serious about this. I really haven't liked how I have felt health wise in a while and that needs to change.

Also I would LOVE to be able to show my own German Shepherd in the AKC show right. Right now we have been using handlers. So once i get a little set in my walking he will be joining e on my walks, the excersize will do him good as well.

Here is a photo of him at one of the last shows he was at http://petactionshots.exposuremanager.com/p/saturday17/ctc_2741_9_129_36_3

So yeah nice to meet you all, and hope to have some friends soon!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I Love your dancing picture. Shows you Enjoying life!!!!

I'd love to help encourage if I can!
    Nancy
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! Hope its alright but I sent you a friend request. Thanks this is one of my favorite pics ever. IT was taken sometime last year, I was a little smaller then but its not to far off what I currently look like ( was looking for a current body pic and only have face pics lol) .
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    friend request accepted!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    woah what a beautiful dog ( i love german shepherds)

good for you for taking this step for your health.

i'm pretty supportive and i log on every day so feel free to add me. i still have 60 pounds to lose so i'll be on here for awhile.

oh yeah i'll be visiting your great state in a week! i'm hoping all the walking will counteract some of the belly filling i plan on doing :laugh:
  • dancingmuffin
    Options
    meshashesha20 thanks, Storm is a wonderful boy. His breeder did an amazing job, he is not even the best looking one from his litter lol. Omg you will enjoy Louisiana. What part will you be in? And yes do all the walking and sight seeing. Back in hich school I use to take the bus down to new orleans and walk like every where. There was so much stuff to see and it was easy to walk off the meal you picked up while down there lol.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    going to new orleans!!

i found several walking tours that you can do on your own from the frommers site . i also plan on taking some guided walking tours.
  • dancingmuffin
    Options
    Well i am sure you will love it. I miss living close enough to just catch a bus down there and spend the day.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wow, we totally have nothing in common except that we live in the south :smile: I hate dancing (two left feet and completely fit the "white girl that can't dance stereotype) and I definitely don't own a German Shepherd. My cat would freak out if I brought one home. My mom loves the breed and has one though, so I guess that's close enough? She wanted to breed him with a St. Bernard, but unfortunately he never could figure that part out :laugh:

Anyways, I totally understand the "food is good and portions are big" part. I met and married a good 'ol boy from the south, and gained 50 lbs w/in 3 years. Now I'm trying to permanently get rid of the extra weight w/o getting rid of the marriage! I have an open diary, so see if you can find some ideas. Don't copy today's lunch though ... seriously not really proud of it!

Good luck!
    ~Jenn
  • Casipowell
    Options
    Hi Dancing Muffin,

I'm from Louisiana too! And you're right...the food is plenteous, doesn't shy away from grease and butter, and the portions are big! Oh, and did I say delicious! But you know what...it's still possible to make a change, so we'll do it together!

Welcome :drinker:
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HELLO back at ya! I've got close to 100 lbs to lose so i know where your coming from!! feel free to add me! :)
  • dancingmuffin
    Options
    @jenifr818 Thanks for the add! I have cats also! :) So there we go something in common :D Their names are Lil'man and Lucinda. Lilman was dumped in our yard and Lucinda was given to us by the vet because she was the office cat but kept opening up all the bags of food in the office lol.

@Casipowell What part of Louisian you from? Love the food here lol

@angelwings22 Will add you
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just got back from New Orleans. Born and raised in Texas, currently a Houstonian. Though, when the right opportunity opens up with my company I'll be moving to NOLA. I love Louisiana. I visit NOLA several times a year. I've been trying to get there permanently for the last 20 years it do but things have never worked out.

I, too, completely get the Southern food issues, from the portions to the fried things to the cheesy delicious Tex Mex.

Anyway. My diary is open and I'm always messing around in the kitchen to figure out healthier ways to prepare our Southern favorites. Feel free to add me!

Oh, and meshashesha20 - I highly recommend Confederacy of Cruisers Bike tours. A friend of mine is a guide for them and I just did his tour last weekend. Freaking amazing and a great way to get in some exercise.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a Louisiana transplant! I'm originally from PA but I've been living in Lafayette for about 5 years! Feel free to add me!!!
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    WHO DAT??
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    There's no place like HOUMA! :laugh:

Add me if you'd like!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    WHO DAT??

WE DAT!!!!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello from a Cajun in Alabama! I love Louisiana, and I agree...best food in the world! Best wishes on reaching your goals!

-Kelli
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    My feelings are still hurt from the seahawks game and last weeks game :( the RAMS...really :(
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me as friend!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    My feelings are still hurt from the seahawks game and last weeks game :( the RAMS...really :(

I'm in denial. Please let me stay here. :laugh: