Ready to smash my HR monitor!

Options
I have a pretty top notch suunto t3c. Its about as accurate as you can get aside from medical equipment. I normally keep a steady pace of around 160-170 bpm, which translates to around 800-900 cal per hour at my body weight of 150. So today im pushing myself hard and after 60 minutes it says 532 cal! So i check my average bpm and its 160, i check my TE its 5.0 and im in zone 3. WTF!

Maybe the battery is going low.

/rant

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Make sure your personal data is input correctly. I once missed an entire number during the inputting... :embarassed:

Batteries are also a good guess.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Can I help? At the least I can supply a really large sledgehammer
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    is there a strap with it?
    it might be the strap.

but in case it actually was accurate, i bet pounding it into oblivion will help make up for those extra calories you didnt burn
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    is there a strap with it?
    it might be the strap.

but in case it actually was accurate, i bet pounding it into oblivion will help make up for those extra calories you didnt burn

yes there is a chest that has a battery aswell. I usually replace both at the same time.

Sometimes i wish it wasnt so accurate. If you goto any website calorie burn calculator and type in an average bpm of 160 for my age, height..ect it will tell you a burn of over 1000 not my usual 800-900.

My HR monitor has a million settings for age,height, and alot more like activity levels, it logs everything you do and auto adjusts your estimated cal burn based on how much you workout and how hard you workout. The only thing it doesnt do is adjust your weight.

Like i said, its probably the batterys, I wish the damn thing had a battery low indicator. I wouldnt be surprised if the newer models do. Or the ability to recharge via usb.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Seems to be working today. Ran 68 minutes average bpm 167 burned 1075cal. Still going to replace the batterys tonight or tommorow.