5:2 Way of life

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Chris i am 130.1 kg and need to lose 35kg to get to my goal weight, i am trying the 5:2 diet too give myself a healthier easy way to lose weight, i am on the last day of my first week and have already seen results, and the bed thing is that my doctor said to give this a go :) any one else out there with heaps of weight to lose?

Replies

• zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I have about 30-35 lbs to lose and am trying out intermittent fasting as well.... at this point I have not decided if I'm going to do 5:2 or 4:3 or a mixture but it seems like it will work better with my current schedule than keeping a daily moderate deficit. That worked for me previously but my new job has me on the road and entertaining clients about 30% of the time, and those days I find it very hard to control my caloric intake simply due to the insane calorie contents at most restaurants/hotels. The other days when I'm at home and in charge, I totally can.

I just finished my first 500 calorie fast day and feel pretty darn good. It's interesting how in just one day I've learned how to redefine my relationship to hunger. Usually I get REALLY cranky when I'm hungry and don't function well at all (or so I thought). Today I just recognized the pangs and let them pass. I LOVE food, it's probably my primary hobby, so it was a fun challenge to plan out a day of food within that budget. I ate Greek yogurt, fruit, tuna salad w/ broccoli, miso soup and I even had room for a salmon filet w/ more veggies for dinner.... but in the end I opted for some sweet-spicy popcorn instead. Maybe not the best choice but I had spent the afternoon cooking for tomorrow's big holiday brunch and it was what seemed more satisfying than more protein at the time. I had a very active day and felt totally fine for most of it - in fact I think I've been more motivated and focused. I had one brief period of fatigue but took a little lie down for 30 min and was back at it.

I'm excited to enjoy brunch tomorrow.