Is it fat gained or…?

Options
Recently I've upped my maintenance cal intake as one of the MFP member had suggested and I gained a kg I'm not sure if it's fat or otherwise because I upped my cal a few days after bingeing at the buffet and eating 1250cal for a few days before upping the cal. How can I differentiate if it's fat or otherwise?

Should I lower my cal back to where I was before upping?? Because I have just read that girls around my height and who weights more than me is eating at lower cal... Am I eating too much?

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Recently I've upped my maintenance cal intake as one of the MFP member had suggested and I gained a kg I'm not sure if it's fat or otherwise because I upped my cal a few days after bingeing at the buffet and eating 1250cal for a few days before upping the cal. How can I differentiate if it's fat or otherwise?

Should I lower my cal back to where I was before upping?? Because I have just read that girls around my height and who weights more than me is eating at lower cal... Am I eating too much?

Just keep weighing yourself and stick to the plan, and on top of that get some body fat calipers.

Give it at least three weeks, and keep taking measurements.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Just keep weighing yourself and stick to the plan, and on top of that get some body fat calipers.

Give it at least three weeks, and keep taking measurements.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you just re-upped its either glycogen replenishing itself or water weight….
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    for me it seems to be when I take in too much sodium
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    "Upping" to what? Looks from your post you have been eating at 1250 calories per day?? But your diary is not open so hard to give you much input without more data ...

Either way, your body retains water when processing lots of carbs so give it time to balance out. 1 kg is not much. Probably water weight.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    "Upping" to what? Looks from your post you have been eating at 1250 calories per day?? But your diary is not open so hard to give you much input without more data ...

Either way, your body retains water when processing lots of carbs so give it time to balance out. 1 kg is not much. Probably water weight.

I was eating 1420 because I set the activity level at sedentary but someone advised me to set the activity level to lightly active and not eat back exercise cal so I up to 1550 after the binge and a few days of eating 1250.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    If it's not fat that I gain then I don't really mind the. Weight gained but I'm just afraid that it may be that I'm eating too much cal.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Measure liquids with cups and spoons?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A buffet? Probably alot of it is from water weight from that.

Your calorie intake will depend on your energy expenditure, which we don't know. Neither do we know yoyr stats so can't advise of calorie intake. It's something you can work out wih online calculators.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I do weight my food. I'm 18 weighs 4 previously now 43. And I'm 5'2"(158cm). I do the figurerobics (an exercise which combines aerobic and figure dancing) for 30minutes daily except the days when I work as a waitress from like 6am till 11.30 pm. (Once a week) and I'm eating 1550. I just don't want the weight gaining trend to continue, I'm not trying to lose any weight.