Any ladies want to do Strong Curves?

Options
Hey everybody. I started a group for persons who are currently doing or are planning to do a program from this book. I've had it a few months now but was in the middle of doing something else so didn't pursue it. I'm now tired of my old routine and looking for something new to get me in the workout mood again. Would love to have some company.

For those who don't know what it is, Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body is a book by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis that can be bought on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better-ebook/dp/B00C4XI0QM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387735544&sr=1-1&keywords=strong+curves

It is available in both paperback and for the Kindle.

Anyone doing it or would like to start? The group can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15191-strong-curves

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Just started. So much useful information on getting the glutes to fire instead of just my quads and hammies.

See ya over there!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Not currently doing it at the moment but I completed the advanced program a couple months ago and loved the results. Am probably going to start doing some SC-style full body workouts again next week, although won't strictly be following the program because of time constraints in my current training program. There is a really great facebook group called SC Ladies that you should join if you're on facey. The ladies are fantastic at answering questions and Bret himself even occassionally will respond to posts :)
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    In, for more butt building strategies to help while I recover from knee surgery :smile:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have company!

Gigi, I couldn't agree more. Now when I'm going up stairs or doing lunges I pay attention to my glutes and can really feel them working.

gmallan, you say you loved your results, what kind of results did you get? Would love more detail.

Shelly, you should think about doing the "glutes only" program to give your knee a break.

I'm starting later on today, can't wait!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I did a week and a half. I'm taking a break right now because I'm sick, then I'll start again, perhaps on Monday.

I'm going to do the beginner workout only three days a week because i have to run from january to april. it will look like this: Monday:A/Tuesday:run/Wednesday:B/Thursday:run/Friday:C/Saturday:run/Sunday:rest
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Starting this next Thursday (back in work/gym). Looking forward!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Starting this next Thursday! Reading the book this weekend.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just started Strong Curves today.... would love more support/friends! :)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Happy, you should join the group so we can all motivate each other.