Anyone do the SouthBeach Diet?

Options
I have PCOS and was rold The South Beach Diet was a very good plan to follow for PCOS' ers. Anyone have good results following this plan?

Replies

• marlyall
    marlyall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am looking at SB too, I want to eat lower carbs, but i still like to eat whole grains, and Southbeach seems like the right answer.

...did you find a buddy?
  • FirstandGoal
    Options
    I'm doing south beach. Or attempting. It's a solid plan. I am not sure about pcos, but I think eating pretty clean, and healthy on it and losing weight helps with hormonal imbalances. Message me if you want a buddy!
  • jessad215
    jessad215 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do South Beach, more or less. I like it--I did it for a few months in the fall, and I've been sticking to it for about a month now. I'm still keeping the carbs pretty low, but I plan to slowly work back in whole grains. I appreciate it because carbs are one thing I have trouble maintaining good portion control, so I have enjoyed the Phase 1 time as a kind of reset. I find that my cravings are much more under control. I like having some guidance around choosing nutrient-dense foods, but a lot of flexibility in terms of cooking and being creative with what I eat. It's certainly doesn't have to be boring. However, I have been counting calories alongside it, to keep my portion control in check.
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My mom has done SouthBeach for about 2 years now.. without any exercise included she lost 55 pounds. She gave me some books to look at last week and I am planning on starting the SB Diet myself but also including exercise. I would love to have any buddies add me that are currently on the plan. Perhaps we can encourage one another! :)