I need your suggestions please

alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I am planning on going to a Zumba class tonight. I have no idea how many calories I will burn but I am sure they will be at least 300 if not more...I normally workout in the morning, as a matter of fact, I did strength trng this morning and burned 346 calories. I am using a heart rate monitor. I really dont want to have to eat all the calories burned after the workout tonight. I can eat a snack but not a heavy meal...should I estimate the calories I will burn tonight and incorporate them in my meals throughout the day before the Zumba class?? What would you do? Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    I am planning on going to a Zumba class tonight. I have no idea how many calories I will burn but I am sure they will be at least 300 if not more...I normally workout in the morning, as a matter of fact, I did strength trng this morning and burned 346 calories. I am using a heart rate monitor. I really dont want to have to eat all the calories burned after the workout tonight. I can eat a snack but not a heavy meal...should I estimate the calories I will burn tonight and incorporate them in my meals throughout the day before the Zumba class?? What would you do? Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Yea thats what I would do. Although I would leave enough for a protein bar or something of the sort b/c you are supposed to eat within 20-30 mins of a workout. Good luck tonight. Oh btw what the heck is Zumba???
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    When I know I'm going to exercise, but not be hungry later, I usually put the exercise in my log early in the day. It also gives me the motivation to go and do it, because I know I'll go over my calories if I don't!
  • alf1163
    Great ideas, thanks!!!

Zumba is an aerobics class with latin music, merengue, salsa, bachata, samba, etc... It is a lot of fun!!! You feel like you are dancing the whole hour but you are getting a great workout. Of course it all depends on the instructor and how hard you want to work, taking bigger steps, shaking your hips more, etc... And don't confuse it with the earlier salsa/latin classes, this one is more strenuous... My sister is an instructor in SC and she says that her class is harder than the one I am going tonight. I live in Tx so unfortunately I cannot go to her class. We checked this one out this past Dec when she was visiting. We had fun but she said that hers is better and I believe her, she is a mean lean machine!!! :laugh: