Lopsided belly

Options
So I have an odd question. About five years ago I had my gallbladder removed. They got in there and couldn't do it laparoscopically so they had to cut me wide open. An 8 inch incision almost directly below my rib cage and a 3 inch one below my belly button. So here's my question. I know you can spot reduce hit does anyone know why my right side might be so much bigger than my left. When I started my journey three years ago it seems like my right side won't get smaller. My left side has slimmed down nicely from a combo or cardio and weight lifting. Is it possible that there's scar tissue that might cause this? Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I destined to be lopsided for the rest of my life??

Replies

• JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Anyone got any ideas?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Scar tissue might cause it, but you'd better have a doc look at it to be sure.

I have a very big scar on my upper back thigh, and it definitely affects the look of the surrounding tissue. Mine was from an accident, though, and I'm pretty sure the cut acted like getting a bad liposuction job on that side, lol.

I'd think a surgeon would be careful about the fat layer, but you never know. Mine just looks bumpy and dimply around the scar and like the skin pulls funny across my thigh. Since mine has a big ole scar there, it doesn't look surprising, I don't think. It pulls the skin funny pretty far, though! It's definitely lumpier looking than my other side, so if that sounds like yours it probably is scarring related, imho.