Peanut butter snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a whole grain waffle, 1 Tbls low-fat peanut butter, and a sliced up banana. Yum!

When I was doing weight watchers a few years ago they talked about a low fat powder form of peanut butter. I never looked it up. Has anyone heard of it or tried it?
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a whole grain waffle, 1 Tbls low-fat peanut butter, and a sliced up banana. Yum!

When I was doing weight watchers a few years ago they talked about a low fat powder form of peanut butter. I never looked it up. Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

Peter Pan Honey Roasted Creamy spread on a small whole grain tortilla, take 1/2 of a granny smith apple sliced into slivers place on the tortilla and fold into a roll and enjoy.
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only way I can eat apples is with peanut butter:laugh:

This. LOL. Or carmel!
  • Marhay
    Marhay Posts: 3
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a peanut butter (Better'n Peanut Butter for around $3) that is 100 calories, 2g fat and 2 g fiber. It tastes really good - close to the real stuff.
  • jenni185
    jenni185 Posts: 23
    Options
    Not a good diet choice...but an occasional splurge is a PB and Dorito sandwich....

But otherwise PB on low fat cinnamon gram crackers, PB and pretzels, PB and baked Tositos, PB mixed into oatmeal. PB has to be the most versatile food ever!
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    ok now that sounds really good for some reason
  • maynard46
    Options
    Not a good diet choice...but an occasional splurge is a PB and Dorito sandwich....

But otherwise PB on low fat cinnamon gram crackers, PB and pretzels, PB and baked Tositos, PB mixed into oatmeal. PB has to be the most versatile food ever!

Yeah, why does that sound good? I need to try it now.
  • Marhay
    Marhay Posts: 3
    Options
    The Better'n Peanut Butter is only 2 points on Weight Watchers. My friend ate it all the time and she found it at CVS and saved her from driving 40 miles to Trader Joes. I think it must be made from the powder you were talking about. It's pricey but when you only eat a few tablespoons at a time, it really lasts.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Why has NO ONE mentioned peanut butter and BANANAS?!? MMMMmmmmm!!! :love:
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Peanut butter and celery is really good also!!!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    two ways I eat my PB spread on carmel rice cakes one or two almost every night, the other is spead on a women:noway:

That's hilarious!!! The woman part not so much the caramel part!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love my PB!!!!! My favorite is Kroger brand Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter. It's great mixed in oatmeal, or mix it in plain yogurt (the natural kind is a bit runnier than the commercial brands of PB). Great w/ apple slices or celery also. Or, great straight off the spoon. I will say that I measure out my PB (weighed on a scale, 16g is one tablespoon) EVERY time. You can easily underestimate how much PB you are *really* using if you just go by the spoonful!!! :noway:

I also make my own asian style PB dressing.
    1 T. PB + 1 T. powdered Peanut butter (from Bell plantation) + 1 Laughing cow cheese wedge +
    a few dashes of light soy sauce + 1 T. hot water.

Mix together and warm in microwave about 30 seconds. YUM YUM!!!!!
  • maynard46
    Options
    The Better'n Peanut Butter is only 2 points on Weight Watchers. My friend ate it all the time and she found it at CVS and saved her from driving 40 miles to Trader Joes. I think it must be made from the powder you were talking about. It's pricey but when you only eat a few tablespoons at a time, it really lasts.

Thanks for the info.:smile:
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Why has NO ONE mentioned peanut butter and BANANAS?!? MMMMmmmmm!!! :love:
    I eat peanut butter and bananas ALL THE TIME, I absolutely LOVE it!!!:smooched: