Macros? Diary is open - feedback please :)

Options
HI All,

My diary is open and Id love some feed back on nutrition please!

Can someone point me in the direction of a good blog post regarding macros and what you should be setting them at? At present I'm trying to lose weight but gain lean muscle - still have about 9 kilos to go and then I'll decide if I'd like to lose more or not.

I'd prefer to be heavier and smaller/toned than lighter and flabby :)

I know I think I prob need to cut back on the fruit...

Anway thanks heaps :)

Replies

• Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, but you need to focus on PROTEIN for muscle..I was given advice that you need to get 1g of protein for each pound that you are when trying to gain muscle..I had my macros at 40% protein, 40% carbs and my at fat 20%. I never really hit my protein macros w/o using protein powders and my carbs are always more than my protein but I still gained muscle.

I know you are a turbo girl, you know I am too. Have you tired Chalean's weight lifting program? ChalEAN Extreme? Lifting weights will get you to where you want to be..

Sugar from fruit, as I know it is good...so don't stress, it's better than eating a piece of cake - lol -- it's processed different by the body.
  • spramn
    spramn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Here is a good video that explains it all etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcM8HablpZk

Good info starts at 8min in =)
    12min They talk about Macros and Calories.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Thanks guys! Will definately look at Chalean Extreme! :) I'm loving TURBO so I'm sure I'll love that too!

Thanks Timmy will have a look at that :)

Merry xmas! :)
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Thanks Jester MFP

And well done on your weight loss! Awesome :)
  • TpocketT60
    TpocketT60 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Protein is the key to your goals. Shoot for 0.8g per lb body weight. Start lifting heavy weights. Hit your protein goal, be reasonable about fat, and don't go overboard on calorie deficits - slow and steady will yield better results if you want to be lean.