skipping circuit in less then 20 minutes

imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm a HUGE fan of skipping..and when you add in weight work..you have a killer combination.this particular circuit works so well because it's working almost all the same muscles. For example, when you skip your shoulders get a good workout and then if you head over and do a set of military presses every time you make a skipping mistake you will find that they get sore pretty quickly. Likewise, skipping works your legs and then doing s set of squats in between will pump your legs beyond belief! It is a great weight loss workout as you are mixing a high heart rate cardio session with a muscle building session, it does wonders for your metabolism.

Here's 2 workouts, one for upper body and one for lower body. Go until you can no longer go, or until you hit 20 minutes!

1 - Shoulder pump

•Start with a warm up; light stretches, running...
•Start skipping at a fast pace, doing double jumps if you can and keep it up for as long as possible.
•When the rope hits you or breaks your motion run over to a medium to heavy bar bell and pump out as many military presses as you can.
•Breathe deeply for 10 seconds only.
•Run back to the skipping rope and repeat the whole thing.

2 - Leg pump

•Light stretches and running as well as some body weight squats to warm the legs.
•Same as before, start skipping as fast as you can this time, however, using a high jumping motion or a running motion to really pump the legs.
•When you stop throw the rope down and do a set of jumping squats until failure
•Breathe for 20 seconds
•Start again.

You could do this with any exercise like crunches, pushups, bench press, etc. but I have found that the legs and the shoulder work best as this is what skipping mainly targets. The leg pump is especially hard and if anyone out there can do 20 minutes of that without stopping you will forever be my hero!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    i will try that:huh: when i get in better shape:noway: it dose work, did that when i was in my 2000000 long time ago now i just do the old firm same thing. lot lesss inpact
This discussion has been closed.