Help!

Options
I just started my weight loss journey a little over 2 weeks ago. I have 80lbs to lose. I have been eating 1100 calories ( I know, not enough.), but I have lost 14lbs. Now that I realize this is an unhealthy amount of calories I want to raise it to 1300 but I am scared I will gain back my weight. Will I gain all my weight back or keep losing since I am still in a caloric deficit?

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You will only gain weight if you eat more calories than your body requires to maintain itself at your current weight. If you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. I'm sure your maintenance is not 1300 calories.

I recommend plugging your info and goals into MFP. Eat the calorie goal it gives you plus exercise calories.
    Or read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

The point is really to eat as much food as possible to reach your goals, not as little food as possible. The more sustainable your plan is, the more likely you are to be successful in the long run. :smile: