Quest Bars??

Anyone tried them??

My gym owner (who is also my landlord lol) thinks they're the best **** ever. Anyone else got opinions?

Replies

• prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    I think they are great. Although they are very expensive so I don't have them that often (I can imagine that if you have one every day you get tired of them)
    Texture, taste and nutrition are good in my honest opinion.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I don't like them & neither does my partner.
    I've only tried the peanut butter chocolate & the apple pie 1's. The others may be tasty but for what I had to pay (I'm not in the states) & the anticipation, I was very disappointed (personally). Other people love them.
  • GreatGrace
    GreatGrace Posts: 24 Member
    I love them. I went to GNC and bought some individual ones to try out different flavors before I ordered them in bulk on line. Glad I did so because there are some flavors I wouldn't want, while others I love.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    They're ok, but one of my friends on here said he was eating one n there was a piece of gauze in it. I'm like 90% sure it was Quest bars. Personally, I prefer the Atkins bars. Cookie dough meal bars, n dark chocolate decadence for the snack bars. They have a good amount of protein, n enough fiber to "supposedly" offset the carbs. ;)
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    What about these?

http://i.imgur.com/rHyKshC.jpg

Edit: Can't post the pic directly here for some reason so here's the link.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I don't think they are the greatest tasting bars, but they really fill me up when I don't have time to eat a real meal. I take them to work with me and have that instead of ordering unhealthy food from the kitchen. We aren't allowed to bring our own unwrapped food to work per health code. But packaged food is ok. Since my break is usually only 15 minutes, tops, these are a great alternative to having a real meal.

I prefer the fruit flavored bars. My fave is the raspberry cheesecake, but apple pie isn't bad either.

You'd never mistake these for a granola bar or a candy bar, but they are satisfying nutrition when convenience is a must.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Your landlord is right, they are awesome and better nutrition than any currently on the market. I've been eating them for at least a year and not tired of them yet. Like other posters have said, some are better than others. My favorites are chocolate chip cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, coconut cashew, banana nut. Many who do not like them are those that eat them right out of the package. Big difference when microwaved for 15-20 seconds. They are expensive but you can often find a good sale at GNC or Google a $10 off $20 coupon from GNC, although I haven't found one for this month, but did purchase online 30% off, $17.89 per box. Try one, you won't regret it :)!
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Awesome - thanks so much everyone!

I'm excited to try some!
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    They also offer sample packs which contain 1 bar of each flavor... You should try that one out =D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    They really fill me up too, that's why I buy them. And they're pretty good... not as good as some other protein bars, but definitely fill me up more, so it's a plus.
  • I didn't think they were that great, until I tried White Chocolate Raspberry. Heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds, flip it and then 10 more seconds. It is really really good! And they really do fill you up

I had previously tried peanut butter chocolate and lemon pie or something like that
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I think they're awesome and for calories vs nutrients are one of the best. My two favorites are chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    My son who has done all the math will only eat quest bars because you get the most protein for the lowest calories. We like the chocolate brownie one. Microwave it for 15 seconds and it is even better. I hate the cashew coconut one. The apple pie one is probably my 2nd favorite.
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Love these! They have high fiber which is great for women and they taste great. Cinnamon bun is off the hook and is even better when microwaved.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    I've tried my first yesterday and loved it! I have tried the banana nut flavor and it truly reminded me of a rich banana bread slice.
    They're also super filling and I don't mind the texture being a little gooey neither.
    Also, have read here that you can microwave them for a few seconds to make them even better... will definitely try next time!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    $2.50 for .35c worth of whye protein, and some fiber.
    Tastes good, but has to be heated to be edible.

one of the healthier bars out there.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Yowzers! $2.50 for one bar?
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    I enjoy the Coconut Cashew bars. They are indeed expensive.

Still haven't *successfully* microwaved one as I like them as they are (maybe warmed up with body heat in a pocket for a few minutes if it's been sitting in a car out in cold weather).

Word of the wise for those as clueless as me -- if you do try microwaving one, make sure you remove it from the wrapper first. Otherwise it will snap, crackle, and pop, and you will have foil-lined wrapper melted into your $2 protein bar in as little as a few seconds. :embarassed: :cry:
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    TRIED ONE TODAY!!!

The raspberry white chocolate one was pretty darn good!! the price might become a problem though :(