Looking for the peak of AWESOME!

Ninachristina
Ninachristina Posts: 13 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there! I'm Christina. 34, wife mother and nurse. Found this site through the iPhone app, started using it last week and I LOVE IT!! I've struggled with being moderately overweight since puberty...........never as slim as my friends or cousins. I always felt somehow left out and isolated. My main problem has always been food. I have an unhealthy love/need/preoccupation/desire for/addiction just whatever you want to call it. Food always has been my friend. Happy, sad, bored, just whatever and I was ready to eat!! Started to get a handle on this at about age 25. I've read many books, followed various diets, worked out excessively at times and once reached my goal. But only to gradually let the good habits go and the weight return. Needless to say I'm really ready this time. I've managed to slowly lose weight by simply cutting back over the last year and a half. Since the first of this month I've been following the couch to 5K program using an elliptical in my home. I've cut out all Diet Cokes and overly processed foods. I want to be a runner! I want to find the best ME! I have 27lbs left to reach my goal of 130. Just good enough isn't good enough ANYMORE!!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    you can do it
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Welcome to MFP, Nina! You know what, it sounds like you're already got a handle on this! I have no doubt in my mind that you'll reach your weight loss goal! You're doing great!

By the way, I want to be a runner too, so I totally know how you feel! You'll get there - the wind on our face and the power of your legs propelling you forward! Rock on! :D Keep us posted!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome. I had to say hello. You name is the same as my daughters. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.