Not new but need new friends

Options
Hi happy counters!!

As you may know a weight loss journey can be rather difficult if you are doing it on your own. If you are like me you enjoy seeing other people share their weight loss journey, updates on the workouts (this encourages me to get out there myself) nsv's, and those encouraging messages that say "hey you look great". I have been a part of myfitnesspal for 2 years. Now of course my weight loss has been a roller coaster but in the beginning I would be on this site religiously. And just like before I wrote on this very same forum asking for friends cause I didn't know anyone personally who wanted to do it with me. So in the beginning life was great then a lot of those people stop logging on and then I stopped logging on and then I would occasionally come on here and there. I have 5 friends out of the 4 pages of friends that log on regularly. All the others haven't been on for months. I should really get on it and delete them I guess, but if you are like me looking for someone to encourage along the way, get updates on workouts, new recipes to try, updates on weight loss. Then please add me. Let's do this together!! You are not alone!!

Replies

• fitandworking
    fitandworking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm somewhat new to MFP but have no friends on here. At first I just thought I would use this as calorie counting and I like seeing the ticker go down lol. However it would be great to make some friends on here and getting helpful tips and advise are always great. My weight has been a roller coaster over the years. After I high an all-time high two years ago, I slowly lost 50 pounds. I signed up for MFP about two months ago maybe and have lost 21 pounds since then. I pretty much have just lurked around the posts and haven't posted anything myself. I have been good with diet and exercise for now, but I'm sure it will get more difficult as time goes on. I really want to keep this up. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • anitsyrk
    anitsyrk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here, started out religiously using this with some friends doing the same. Once in a while would log in an attempt again but all my friends havent logged on for over ayear
  • TeamDale1
    Options
    I log daily and keep in touch with my friends. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I log in daily and keep in touch with all my friends so feel free to add me if you like we are all in it together!
  • larosevear
    Options
    Aww yay!! Thanks guys!!!
  • Feel free to add me!
    I am new to this site.
  • Malachai76
    Options
    hi i log daily and comment i've sent you a friends request
  • MathanMor
    MathanMor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on this everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I've been one of those off and on again. If all or any of this were easy we probably wouldn't be here. So why I can't promise I'll be here all the time, I am supportive when I am. So anyone wanting to add a friend please do so. I'll be happy to accept.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. We are already friends but haven't really talked much have we? Good luck on your continued weight loss journey.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP, but my friends list has gotten a little sparse from people not logging anymore either. So, feel free to add me I am looking for motivation and to give motivation :D

Good luck to everyone in their continued fitness goals!!
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost a year and like all of you only many of my friends have disappeared. I still have a long way to go and log on every day, feel free to add me :smile:
  • Mmaboyd
    Options
    Feel free to add me or anybody else :)
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add..I log everyday and it keeps me focused!
  • Cjkingrock
    Options
    all for one and one for all..... or something like that. feel free to add as a friend And if you see a No No in my diary or have a suggestion let me know
  • janelle615
    janelle615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me! I like new friends =P