Last try

evakoz
evakoz Posts: 3 Member
Hi,
This is my last try losing weight. For years my weight went up and down (mostly up).
Now is the last time I decided to try again. I did not want to start January 1st because I did it and never worked.
Keep your fingers crossed and send any tips how to do it my way. Happy Holidays!

Replies

• Health_Temple
    Health_Temple Posts: 93 Member
    Hey, I k ow its rough when the results go away, but that's no reason to give up! When you say this is your last try it looks like your just trying for now and will quit again. We really have nothing to go off of here other than you may be a closet yoyo dieter. Being fit is a lifestyle! If you want, you can add me or ask for specific advice, but when it comes down to it, it's really about making changes for life! Learn from your mistakes (what happened when you gained again?) what is "doing it your way?" Maybe there's a way that would benefit you more as it looks like what you tried wasn't right for you.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    i think OP meant to send any tips their way. not that the tips must adhere to their "way" of dieting. :)
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Hi,
    This is my last try losing weight. For years my weight went up and down (mostly up).
    Now is the last time I decided to try again. I did not want to start January 1st because I did it and never worked.
    Keep your fingers crossed and send any tips how to do it my way. Happy Holidays!

Either DO!

Or DO NOT....there is no "try".

:flowerforyou:

It is only a matter of carefully researching your task and then applying what you've learned. If you are ready for it, this will only be your last attempt because you won't need another one.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm curious as to why this is your 'last try'?

When I give anyone any advice, it's always: start small. Make small changes and once those become habit, make more small changes.

Don't put a time limit on when you need to lose the weight. Everytime I've done that I've disappointed myself and gave up. When I continue to try to improve, I've been much more successful. It's only when I give up and stop trying that I have failed.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Never give up!!
    Don't ask why because every situation does not need an answer.
    Just never give up.
    Believe in and focus on the things you can control and not the ones you can not.

Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • evakoz
    evakoz Posts: 3 Member
    Sorry to confuse everybody with saying "last try". What I meant was that I have tried and succeeded loosing weight so many times over the years. Unfortunately weight always crept back. Now with age it is much more difficult for me to lose weight.
  • Amunimum
    Amunimum Posts: 9 Member
    never give up. even me I spend a year trying to lose weight but I always fail but now I decides to take a serious step for 2014. I want to reach my goal in July 2014. I will try, never stop. lets do it together . I know it is hard but when you find somebody join your challenge you will win and reach your gaol.
    feel free to add me
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Keep trying :) Make some friends on here that you can chat with on a daily basis, make sure you're logging your food, and hold yourself accountable. It's never going to be easy, but I've found using the diary tools here has really opened my eyes and has helped me stay on track. Best of luck!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 391 Member
    I am almost your age, just because you are older does not mean you can't change. I have lost and gained weight many times, and each time I think I have it right now and say i will never gain the weight back. And when I quit focusing on the healthy choices and lapse back in to my old comfort routines, the weight comes back. Which means I have to make a LIFETIME committment to drop those unhealthy habits and permanently adopt the healthy ones that enable me to lose the weight and then maintain it when I reach my goal. It is HARD to change, but isn't your health and happiness worth it?
    There are tons of wonderful supportive people on here that can help cheer you on your way. Don't get discouraged. There was a thread just the other day with people over 50 who have lost weight, with photos. They were successful despite aging bodies that can't move the way they used to, despite hormonal changes of menopause, etc. It can be done! Don't give up if you have a day or two of going wildly off track-you just pick up and carry on back into the healthy routine. No one should chastise themselves for an episodic failure, it's the long term determination despite little cheats here and there that keep you going. It does not happen overnight!
    Keep logging in, record everything, good OR bad, and you will start to see patterns that you can improve. Read the success stories for inspiration. Hang in there!
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Hmm maybe it's time to change your mindset then. Don't tell yourself that you're going on a diet. Tell yourself that you are making a permanent change to your eating habits. That way you get it out of your head that you will lose the weight and then return to "normal" eating. That way you don't fall into the yo yo diet trap.

Someone said to do your research - totally agree with this. Part of this could simply be to start logging everything that you eat now - be totally honest with yourself. That way you can see if there are some obvious adjustments you can make - Eg swapping some potatoes or bread for a few more vegetables at dinner. There really is no need to think you have to give up all your favourite foods it's just a matter of finding the right balance that works for you.

Good luck.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    it shodul be that you get to a way of eating that is healthy and a plan which you use for the rest of your life, if you say last time that is sort of suggesting that you are going to loose but will probably put it all back n, this is the wrong mind set

log everything you eat and drink each day, fired some supportive people on here which give support and like support in return this will help keep you motivated- good luck wit he journey
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Keep trying :) Make some friends on here that you can chat with on a daily basis, make sure you're logging your food, and hold yourself accountable. It's never going to be easy, but I've found using the diary tools here has really opened my eyes and has helped me stay on track. Best of luck!

I agree. Simple but great advice.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    The best thing that I did for my fitness is discover myfitnesspal grateful!

My advice is makes some friends on here, log, and interact. They keep me focused and motivated. Wonderful people!

I have learned a lot from others here.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Hi,

Either DO!

Or DO NOT....there is no "try".

:flowerforyou:

It is only a matter of carefully researching your task and then applying what you've learned. If you are ready for it, this will only be your last attempt because you won't need another one.

I agree with your "carefully research". That has made all the difference in my weight loss this time around.

I also relearned to cook and that has made all the difference. Always before I just tried to eat less...this time what I eat is actually plenty...just less calorie dense.

No "diet food" in my house...just regular food.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    The best thing that I did for my fitness is discover myfitnesspal grateful!

My advice is makes some friends on here, log, and interact. They keep me focused and motivated. Wonderful people!

I have learned a lot from others here.

^^^^This
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I hope this is my "last time" too, as in I'll be successful getting to a healthy body weight, and then I'll be successful maintaining it, so I won't every have to "try again."
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Hi,

Where do we send our tips? ;-)