Non-digital scale?

rockinmomto3
rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I bought a cheap non digital scale the other day, and I've been weighing myself after every workout. Well, I did my workout this morning, and according to the scale I've lost 4 lbs in the last day. Does that seem right? It doesn't seem right to me. Should I go out and buy a fancy digital scale? Would that be more accurate? I was using my Wii Fit to weigh myself, but my wii broke.

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I find the non-digital scales not as accurate.. I would definitely shop around for a digital scale. You could find a good one around $30 or so. I would just shop around online and look for ones on sale.
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    my old non digital scale would show that I had lost 3 lbs if it wasn't placed exactly in the same place! and some times "for a laugh" my husband would change the starting place to about 5lbs off 0 either way so I would get happy/sad till i stepped off and realised what he had done (and he payed for that trick every time!!!)

So I got a digital scale which shows the same weight everywhere I place it and my husband is thinking of new ways to prank me (none so far!)

If you want to check your scale use a new unopened bag of sugar or flour if it weighs the same as it should then yours is ok!
  • Hi there - I've experienced this too. If you're working out vigorously or for an extended period of time, you're likely to lose water weight in the short term. The water, however, is necessary for healthy functioning, so it will come back. I have a fair amount of experience with this and have learned the lesson of losing too much water during exercise. I do my very best to keep drinking lots of water throughout the workout so that the impact of the exercise is maximized. All of that said, it is really frustrating when the scale jumps all over the place like that. I have a fancy scale, and it does the same thing. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.