Recovery, weight/muscle gain, and bdy fat %?

Options
2»

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    depends what you are looking for? I am 5'6" weigh 130 , bodyfat of 16% , I have a lot of muscle, I prefer the lean & healthy look , try adding more muscle on yourself in the next year...
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great intentions and provide great info.

With that being said your circumstances are serious and a big deal. You should be seeking advice from a doctor not here.

You should be very happy with your progress and you seem like a very strong young lady. Keep up the good fight.:smile:
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the folks that recommend you see a doctor re the period to get professional, relevant advice.

Having said that, looks like you've made great progress and are heading in the right direction. Your BF% might be a bit low, but not disastrously so - looks like 20% is a good target. Sounds to me like your workouts (lifting, cardio rowing) are all working well together.

all in all - well done and keep up the great recovery work
  • alexandriacaceres
    Options
    Christ, talk to a Doctor and not a dietitian.

Your percent body fat is low for a female, but that is the price you pay for being a college athlete.

18% is low for a female??

I would say that 17-18% is actually pretty lean.

AAAA <<<<<<<<<
    it would be lean if she didn't have an ED. but she has a "lean" bfp because of her weight loss and has to regain her period. if you don't have your period then you need to gain some weight. if your recovering 2000 cal and exercise is GOOD for a normal person but someone with an ED should eat around 3000 WITHOUT exercise. you may be at the low end of a "healthy" weight. but it isn't what is necessarily "healthy" for you.
    you need to gain until your body is at its OWN healthy setpoint that no one choses but YOUR body. you will know your healthy when you have a period for 3 consecutive months and when you stop gaining WHICH YOU WILL EVEN EATING 3000-4000 no exercise.

go to this site it is all about ED recovery.... it is amazing. and written by professional. who specialize in ED.
    http://www.youreatopia.com
    this link tells you about the calorie needed http://www.youreatopia.com/blog/2011/9/14/i-need-how-many-calories.html

seriously if you want help youd listen to this. it is the right thing to do to recover. and it might seem ridiculous to people who aren't really informed about ED and stuff. but this site i have for you will tell you what you need to do. it is your choice if you want to not listen to it. it will only hurt you. not having a period means your not healthy yet.

sorry if this seems kind of mean but i don't think your really willing to listen to it. no one i recommended it to did.

the answer is that there isn't a certain amount that anyone can tell you to gain you must listen to your body. by eating 3000 calories and NO EXERCISE your body will gain but then NATURALLY STOP at a healthy weight that is healthy for you.

your still at the very low end of the healthy range and only 5% of people naturally are healthy there.... your not one of them. most people fall between 21-23 and some 23-25.( BMI)
  • alexandriacaceres
    Options

since she is younger than 21 and taller than 5'2
    she needs 3000 not 2500