Any curvy, fit women out there? I need your help!

Options
So I've been gone for a while on here and completely slacking on workout! I lost weight and trying to gain it all back. I would LOVE to look like my profile picture, but I know that will take a lot of dedication which im willing to do! My goal is to gain weight and to be more curver and fit! I would love to gain some mass in my butt, have tighter abs/core, slimmer waist, toned legs and arms. Any suggestions on what to eat, the best abs and glutes excercises, and how often a week? Thank you!

Replies

• jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i naturally have an hourglass shape and what makes me look the best, in my opinion, is cutting out bread and red meat AND ESPECIALLY SODA! which keeps my stomach flat.

for keeping my thighs and butt filled out i usually eat chocolate stuff, like chocolate covered fruit or raisnets.. not the healthiest but it goes straight to my butt so im not complaining!

i lift heavy weights 3x a week to tone my arms and chest... so far so good!

good luck to u!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I hghyl recommend this workout program

http://www.strongcurves.com/
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the lady in the photo also has a very wide pelvis in comparison to her waist and his very pear shaped which leads to her badass lower body. if that's not something you have naturally then you will have to work a little bit harder.

there's a girl at my gym who is more ruler shaped (so naturally curveless) and she has serious DONK! i asked her about her routine (because she caught me staring in awe at her *kitten* :laugh: ) and it was regular compound lifts like deadlifts and back squats (look up programs like strong lifts and starting strength) where she lifts as much as she can while keeping good form. she also does leg press machine, the yes/no machines (what i call the hip abductor/adductor machines :laugh: ) leg curl, hill sprints on the treadmill, glute bridges and the stairmaster.

upper body was compound lifts like bbrow, benchpress, overhead press also as heavy as she can keeping good form. that routine is apparently what's helped her looked like an hourglass with serious assassass (sorry i have that big sean song in my head :laugh: ).

hope that helps!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I am curvy and fit, but that all comes down to genetics. Body recompositioning is possible with heavy lifting, but only minimally. Women constantly ask me what I do for my leg workouts, but it's just the way I'm built.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    the lady in the photo also has a very wide pelvis in comparison to her waist and his very pear shaped which leads to her badass lower body. if that's not something you have naturally then you will have to work a little bit harder.

there's a girl at my gym who is more ruler shaped (so naturally curveless) and she has serious DONK! i asked her about her routine (because she caught me staring in awe at her *kitten* :laugh: ) and it was regular compound lifts like deadlifts and back squats (look up programs like strong lifts and starting strength) where she lifts as much as she can while keeping good form. she also does leg press machine, the yes/no machines (what i call the hip abductor/adductor machines :laugh: ) leg curl, hill sprints on the treadmill, glute bridges and the stairmaster.

upper body was compound lifts like bbrow, benchpress, overhead press also as heavy as she can keeping good form. that routine is apparently what's helped her looked like an hourglass with serious assassass (sorry i have that big sean song in my head :laugh: ).

hope that helps!

You just described my sister and my natural body type. Her glutes just might be genetic as well. Never hurts to go for it though!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that the picture in question is extremely photoshopped; thus probably not an ideal or realistic expectation/goal. Here is another "version" of the so called figure. Hope it shows up.

1293ED10-9B78-4520-836D-CBB7D1489787.jpg[/URL]
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, Photoshop for sure.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    ^still impressive

i also love how in many of those "dont be afraid of lifting heavy weights ladies" ads, the model is bicep curling at most 10 pounds :laugh:
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    definitely curvy, working on the fit.

Working on cutting the sugar to help with my midsection jiggles but the evil sweet tooth gnome keeps me reaching for candy -_-
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    ^still impressive

i also love how in many of those "dont be afraid of lifting heavy weights ladies" ads, the model is bicep curling at most 10 pounds :laugh:

Yea I always thought that too until I sat in on a friends photoshoot one day. 7 hrs later of various poses and lifts ranging from heavy to light weight and you can barely lift a finger at the end.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    ^still impressive

Yea I always thought that too until I sat in on a friends photoshoot one day. 7 hrs later of various poses and lifts ranging from heavy to light weight and you can barely lift a finger at the end.

good point.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, Photoshop for sure.

I was thinking the OP's profile picture was photoshoped for sure. That's just TOO much of a thigh/butt to waist difference. I have that shape somewhat naturally but not like that.

ETA: Also, I'd start with something like Strong lifts and eat at a slight surplus. If you aren't gaining about a half pound a week, go a little higher. After a few weeks you can try to switch to a hypertrophy specific program.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    ^still impressive

good point.

They should get some foam fake ones then.
  • tmw1018
    tmw1018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i naturally have an hourglass shape and what makes me look the best, in my opinion, is cutting out bread and red meat AND ESPECIALLY SODA! which keeps my stomach flat.

for keeping my thighs and butt filled out i usually eat chocolate stuff, like chocolate covered fruit or raisnets.. not the healthiest but it goes straight to my butt so im not complaining!

good luck to u!!

I have a similar shape and follow this diet as well. Oats in the AM, some carbs for lunch, but most meals built around protein and veggies. It goes a long way towards keeping bloat down and the belly flat. Also, I do a lot of low-impact cardio and yoga 4-6x week to strengthen my muscles.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

good luck to u!!

:huh: :huh: :noway:

I some how missed this reply. This is some weird advice. No carbs, meat or soda = flat stomach, but chocolate and fruit = bigg butt? Yeah, not true. I eat carbs, meat, chocolate, fruit and drink soda and have a flat stomach and a big butt. It comes from genetics and heavy lifting, which includes squats and deadlifts (not just arms and chest).
  • lilmami310
    lilmami310 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is considered a big butt? I measured my hips at 36-37 inches and it looks so small.
  • Vanjoo
    Vanjoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it depends on how much goes to your hips and how much to 'real' booty. So you can have a lot of inches and still no butt.
    I'm talking from personal experience, because I have similar measurements and I feel like my butt is pretty flat... :wink:
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Genetics play a big role, I'm curvy & fit. It took me 3 years to get where I am :) I know what works well for my body and what foods make a difference.

I lift really heavy when I have legs day along with every other body part.

I was at 165lbs 25% (36, 30,42) went down to 132lbs at 15.8% bodyfat and now I'm just right at 135-140lbs at 16%bodyfat. (32,26,38)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    For glutes, you will get a lot of recommendation for squats and lunges, which is fine. However, when I used to speed skate I had huge glutes. Take a look at bodies of skaters (either figure skating or speed skating). They all have huge glutes. Would recommend doing some of your cardio in the form of roller blading.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You want to look like a photoshopped pic?

Impossible