Help - Going on Vacation and there' s no Gym

Options
I'm heading to Mexico for a week in January. There is no gym and I'm concerned about keeping up with my workouts that week (the last time i went to mexico, I gained 4 lbs, while running 4 miles every day.) Without an air conditioned gym, I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to keep up my runs.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm going on vacation for a week (to new orleans at that so i will be eating my weight in EVERYTHING and washing it down with hurricanes :laugh: ) i plan on doing a lot of walking as well as doing the deck of cards workout where you pick 4 exercises - one for each suit - and do as many reps are on the card. face cards are 10 and ace is a 1 min break.

you go through the entire deck :devil:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Google "You Are Your Own Gym"... It is a great app for bodyweight exercises and programs.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Google "You Are Your Own Gym"... It is a great app for bodyweight exercises and programs.

I use this program when I'm on vacation. The app even works without internet. Very easy to follow.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    i'm going on vacation for a week (to new orleans at that so i will be eating my weight in EVERYTHING and washing it down with hurricanes :laugh: ) i plan on doing a lot of walking as well as doing the deck of cards workout where you pick 4 exercises - one for each suit - and do as many reps are on the card. face cards are 10 and ace is a 1 min break.

you go through the entire deck :devil:

This - or even more torturously, as I once did attempting a timed pec-deck, change ace to 15 reps >=}
  • cindyb327
    cindyb327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    maybe just keep up with calorie goal for the day ie 1200 calories. good luck.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    It's one week out of your life .. why not enjoy it for what it is .. a vacation!
  • cindyb327
    cindyb327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats true...yeh just have a nice vacation...can worry about it later.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to Mexico for a week in January. There is no gym and I'm concerned about keeping up with my workouts that week (the last time i went to mexico, I gained 4 lbs, while running 4 miles every day.) Without an air conditioned gym, I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to keep up my runs.

If you gained weight while running four miles every day, you were most definitely eating way over your calorie limit. I would suggest logging all your food every day to make sure that you don't go over. Do you have your Iphone, tablet, or laptop to keep track of your food?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    im officially jealous
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Go, have fun, walk, walk, walk, and don't worry about your weight, then hit the gym when you get back. Also, look at cutting your calories when you get back, you shouldn't be gaining if you are running that much.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    my hotel had a gym, but it sucked, so i had to improvise. our room was on the 6th floor. i don't know what the inside of the elevator looked like. never took it. a few times during the week i would run the stairs of the hotel, up to the 18th floor, then back down. push ups were my friend. i walked every where i could. drank a lot of water. spent a lot of time by the pool, and purposely left snacks and drinks up in the room so i would have to log in a few more flights when i wanted them. be creative. but have fun!
  • ccolgrov
    Options
    I don't know if you have done it before - but Pure Cardio from Insanity is on Vimeo. It's 41 minutes and super intense. You also only need your body to do it, no weights. Might be worth a try!

Just google "Insanity Pure Cardio Vimeo" and you will find it.