Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred

ProTFitness
ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
:bigsmile: :tongue: If any one is doing 30 day shred and they have been doing it a while try something new. Do level workout then repeat it. Making it an hour workout. It is more challanging and you will burn more calories. I have been doing shred for a while and I mix it up now. Example Level one and repeat or level 1 circuit 1 repeat level 1 circuit 2 repeat level 1 circuit 3 repeat. You can do this with levels 2 and 3 as well or example do level 1 and level 2 or level 2 and level 3 and so on. It is a great way to challange your body and burn more caloreis. I did level 2 today doing each circuit and repeating it and going to the next circuit in that level. I burned over 500 calories ans got a great workout.

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Good Suggestion!! I mix it up by doing level one with the pushups from level 3...then use samll dumbells for the cardio sequences...as in level 3....and i do the shoulder move i hate from level 2!! ;) it burns....but you know it has to be doing some good ;) I like the ab moves in levels 1 and 2 so i do those more so then level 3...its fun to mix it up a bit...and when you've done it so many times its memorized its time for a change!!
  • How many calories does 20 min of 30 day shred burn? Before I used to count it as circuit training (around 162 calories) but then on one of the sites it was written this workout burned just 288 calories per hour... this way 20 minutes would be only 96 calories... I'm really mixed up, 96 calories per day just isnt good enough for me... I've got 8 weeks left till my wedding and want to exercise effectively to meet my weightloss goals... I even switched to another workout dvd, although I have to admit - I like 30 day shred... but the calories burned do not motivate me at all...
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    You really dont know 100% how many calories your burning unless your wearing a Heart rate monitor with a chest strap. It is a great investment. I love mine and it has got alot of use and been a great tool. I would say only 20 min of it depending on your age height and weight your probably burning no more then 150calories if that. CHK out Polarusa.com on the Heart Rate monitors. It is a great great investment and tool and it visual helps ou push harder and longer knowing your calorie burn
  • Thanks for your answer and advice! :)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    That is a great idea! I just finished the 30 day shred, so I will most likely take a break from the dvd's all together for at least a week! but I definetely will be trying this to challenge myself
This discussion has been closed.