I'm a chocaholic..

Options
snusp
snusp Posts: 93 Member
...there's no other way to put it, I act like an alcoholic when it comes to chocolate. I find myself hide my chocolate from my family; in the closet or in a drawer, where I know they will not look. I hide the wrapping from my colleagues and I am truly ashamed I can binge so much chocolate. 2014 will be the year where chocolate doesn't get binged down poundwise. Even though I'm not severely overweight (almost like a miracle, when I know I can easily eat over a pound of chocolate every day), I need to quit this bad habit. Feel free to support me. Merry Christmas to all my fellow chocaholics out there...!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    sup?
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your goals!
  • drew4k
    Options
    I want to dip broccoli in chocolate right now. That way, I wouldn't feel too guilty.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    chocolate is gooood! I eat them all the time and dont gain weight. Heck keep eating them, hows that for support.
    Im a chocoholic.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Lmao you all are ridiculous! It's the sugar you're addicted to. Kick that sugar addiction and you'll be set. A piece of dark chocolate a day might even be good for you, but no more than that. And by a piece I mean like a Dove square :P.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just log log log. Haha :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    UNEh2M3.jpg
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Lmao you all are ridiculous! It's the sugar you're addicted to. Kick that sugar addiction and you'll be set. A piece of dark chocolate a day might even be good for you, but no more than that. And by a piece I mean like a Dove square :P.

9uACPL8.gif
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    r_tuck pretty much hit the nail on the head - it's the sugar you're probably addicted to, not the chocolate.

Chocolate itself is pretty healthy. Well, the cocao side of things anyway. Once you start adding sugar and other products, then it goes downhill pretty quickly.

If you do like chocolate, then I suggest sticking to high percentage dark chocolate such as Lindt 85% or higher (I think they make a 90% one as well, but never seen it).

Or alternatively, as I do, make your own, it's not that hard. I mix a 50/50 ration of cacao powder/butter with a bit of stevia and vanilla extract and then pour it into silcon molds and let it harden in the fridge for an hour or so. Adding some dessicated coconut is nice as well, or putting a macadamia into the mold before filling it also is pretty good. They taste very rich and you really can't down a lot of it like normal store bought chocolate before making yourself sick, so it's self limiting in that regard.

Chocolate has many health benefits, so don't give it up, just choose wisely.

All the best

Sam
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

If that were true, how come I can resist a lot of other items containing large amounts of sugar without feeling anything?

Welcome aboard! This is the M&MKitKatYorkPeppermintPatty Express!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Just out of curiosity, what's in that Dove square? Is it the same sugar that's in a Reece's cup? SweetTarts? An apple?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    you are in good company. Merry Christmas x
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. why OH why would you EVER want to stop eating chocolate? Fit it into your daily calories as carbs, reduce your carbs accordingly, and eat veggies and protein. My favorite is high quality milk chocolate from Hilliards. Yum.
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If that were true, how come I can resist a lot of other items containing large amounts of sugar without feeling anything?

It's a lethal combination :)
  • Amunimum
    Amunimum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck. we are here to support each other
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i would rather have booze,
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    h13A6815A

There is nothing wrong with craving some dark chocolate :bigsmile: and even if it is, it's woman's medicine number one :smile:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Congratulations on all your success so far.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    UNEh2M3.jpg
    I love you.
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lindts 90% is available at Walmart. I currently have a stash of Antidote 100% raw cacao with nibs. Definitely an acquired taste :)