Accrued Days - thoughts?

Options
Clew
Clew Posts: 910 Member
I don't know if others have suggested this, but I thought I would run it past y'all. The days logged in feature is really nice - but starting over at day one if you can't log in one day or go on vacation or something is kind of a bummer, don't you think? I was wondering if it might be more encouraging for everyone if it was based on accrual ... say, it would announce "*Member name* has logged in for 150 days" even if you joined 152 days ago and missed a few days last week - it still shows your commitment - and more inspiring than starting someone back at day one. I've seen lots of friends get bummed out by that! I turned my day notification off just because it annoyed me after I went out of town for a week, but I'd sure like to know how many days TOTAL I've made it on :wink:

Just a thought I'd run past you guys. I suggested it to tech support, maybe they'll consider it.

Replies

• fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it.
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean, I think that would be a lot better. I've been on MFP for 2 and 1/2 weeks and even though I don't log in on the website everyday I do use the iphone application which technically log's you in to update your diary. So I think that should be considered too.
    I was a bit knocked back yesterday when it said i'd logged in 5 days in a row when I know i've actually been on everyday but just the odd day was through my iphone app. :cry:
    Let's hope they change it :smile:
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    great idea. I'd like to see both status

(member name) Has logged in for 150 days in a row
    (member name) has logged in for 150 days

and to K2charmed4u's point - I think it should count if we log in via our iPhone apps. Its little statuses like that which help us remain proud and focused

:flowerforyou:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I noticed a while ago I have been here a LOT longer than what it says and I haven't missed any days, not one. Hmmmm.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    It told me I had logged in for 5 days last week, and I was SURE I hadn't missed one logging in (counting calories, yeah i'd missed some, but logging in no).
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I hope they consider this.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Starting over is a drag...seeing those numbers go up is quite an ego booster!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I don't have an IPhone or an Android phone, but I do have a browser on mine. I navigated to the regular web site and updated that way when I was out of town and it didn't miss any days of logging in. Maybe you could do that once during the day until they get the phone apps fixed?
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes!! This is a great idea! :happy: I've been on MFP since March...on and off for the first week or so, but then the past 155 days in a row... but in two weeks I'm going on holiday. I already promised my other half I wasn't going to log on as my obsessiveness is driving him mad but was thinking about sneakily logging on anyway just to keep my 'days running' (until I saw the international roaming charges and decided as it's a company phone I'd probably get fired!) But like you say...I will be pretty gutted to start back at ZERO!! :sad:

I also hope your suggestion is implemented...it would be more encouraging!!
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I noticed that it doesn't matter about logging foods every day. As long as you log into the website everyday it should still count towards your log ins.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    great idea cuz I just went from 190 days and took a week vacation and I was back to 0. How disheartening.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It is very disheartening when you have to start over. :frown:

Because I'm working on not bot being so obsessive I'm turning off the counter as I'm just trying to get on with eating well and working out as a lifestyle without it consuming my everythought. Turning it off will be one less thing to obsess about.