Anyone ever taken Lipozene?

Options
So I bought Lipozene last night at WalMart on a whim because it was 2 bottles for $20.
I've read good and bad things googling it...my hubby says not to take it until I see my endocrinologist on Sept 30th (Have severe hypothyroidism).

Any success/horror stories/tips?

Replies

• dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Anything bought over the counter will not help with weight loss. If anything like that actually worked, it would be patented by a pharmaceutical company and sold as a drug. Then the pharmaceutical companies would not have to spend millions of dollars doing research on weight loss drugs.

Speaking of that, there are a couple of drugs in the works. I've bought stock in one, based on their clinical trials. It goes before the FDA in October.
  • lesliejsilva
    lesliejsilva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It seems there's really nothing good out there...besides Alli, and I don't really feel like wearing a diaper! I need some help jump starting my diet...once I see I can lose weight I think I'll be motivated to do it on my own.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I have taken Alli before and I can recommend it. All the horror stories you read regarding pooing yourself are just off people that were overeating while on it. I have taken it and I stuck to my allowed fat and I never had anything happening. It just forces you to watch what you eat and stick to your diet! If you have to go out and have a big meal you just don't take the tablet!
    I think it is a good thing. I haven't taken it regulary for a while now but I want to get back on it.

All the best

Daisy
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine took Alli and literally did poop herself at work. Granted, she had eaten a cheesesteak the night before.
    I have taken Lipozene in the past and it helped to supress hunger. Only problem, it worked a little too well so you have to make sure you're definitely eating enough.

And I just realized this was an old post, saw it through your profile. WOOPS! haha
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it but just googled it. It's main ingredient is glucomannan which is a water soluble polysaccharide, and considered to be a dietary fiber (per Wikipedia). So basically it "bulks" up your diet and increases BM - which you could do by just eating more raw fruits/veggies (you get the vitamin and antioxidant advantage with fresh food).

Are you planning to use it?
  • lesliejsilva
    lesliejsilva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have thyroid disease so I really shouldn't be taking anything...as I was reminded by my endocrinologist last visit. BLAH!