Low cal dinner?

Options
niamhb
niamhb Posts: 16 Member
I take Tuesdays off from the gym, and since I only walk home in the evenings (only exercise I get on days off from Gym) I don't have alot of calories today after a big lunch, to be exact I have around 266...any suggestions for what I could have?

Replies

• niamhb
    Options
    I take Tuesdays off from the gym, and since I only walk home in the evenings (only exercise I get on days off from Gym) I don't have alot of calories today after a big lunch, to be exact I have around 266...any suggestions for what I could have?
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    how about an egg white omelette with some kind of filling (I like low fat cream cheese, spring onions and pepper) with a side of steamed brocolli or other vegetable you like. Not the most exciting but low cal.
  • Tgeorge
    Tgeorge Posts: 49
    Options
    Whole Wheat Pasta with Organic Tomato Sauce 280 if you use .5 cup of sauce and 2oz dry pasta. Plus will help you with energy for Weds. am work out.
  • niamhb
    Options
    should have said: due to IBS I can't have wheat, dairy or eggs....

am thinking I'll have a bowl of special k, with rice milk and fruit on top
  • REB89
    Options
    should have said: due to IBS I can't have wheat, dairy or eggs....

am thinking I'll have a bowl of special k, with rice milk and fruit on top

oops there goes our 2 ideas then!! How about a vegetarian stir fry it's healthy quick and easy. You could always have that with a small amount of rice.
  • niamhb
    Options
    sounds good actually!thanks! :wink:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    baked potato and low fat turkey chili on top!
  • REB89
    Options
    sounds good actually!thanks! :wink:

your welcome:flowerforyou:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    take 4oz meat or fish and grill it up. (100-120 cals)
    a handful of spinach
    veggies of your choice
    dressing

dinner is done and super low cal
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stir Fry...

1 Boneless skinless chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Mushrooms
    Celery
    Onion
    Green, red and/or yellow peppers
    2-3 cloves of garlic
    Season to your liking (just be careful of the pre-made packets/bottles, they have hidden calories & lots of sodium)

I coat the pan & veges with Pam to fry up the chicken with the garlic.... Add broccoli first, then the rest when broccoli is almost done.

I sometimes use chicken broth & let the veges simmer until done if I don't feel like watching over the pan.

Most of the calories here are from the chicken... you can have like 2 1/2 cups of this & stay below 250 cals.