SUGAR

Options
Wow, now that I am logging everythingI eat, I see a lot of my food has SUGAR!!!! Ugh... :(
Down 2 pounds this week!

Anyone has any good snack ideas that are low in sugar?

Replies

• CatRodger
    CatRodger Posts: 105
    Options
    Just added Sugar to mine after reading this and holy smoly, ive been a bad bad girl cheating my calories so there over 1200 :o bad me and naughty sugars
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I tracked my sugar intake for about a week and a half and took it off.. Depending on where you are getting your sugar from is where the concern is. One apple has 16g of sugar. So three servings of fruit will pretty much take you over your alloted sugar amount for the day..

The best thing is to just stay away from processed sugar, i.e. candy, donuts, muffins, chocolate bars etc.

Just opt for snacks like veggies with hummus or a serving of almonds. Stay away from processed foods and you're sugar intake will be fine.
  • CatRodger
    CatRodger Posts: 105
    Options
    Hmmm perhaps but ive had a fair bit of choccy this week been so bad. Stayed under calories but my sugar is well bad bad bad, sometimes I eat packet meals esp when im on late shifts at work, but there good for you ones .....
  • adcoursey
    Options
    high protein and high fiber snacks are generally very low in sugar. plus they fill you up and give you a little boost of concentration - can't beat that with a stick.

nuts, granola, sliced veggies with low fat/fat free dip, hard boiled egg, string cheese, even a protein bar (but definitely check the sugar content - they can get a little ridiculous!).
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nuts, string cheese, triscuits, sugar free candy (Russel Stover SF candy is awesome!) and sugar free popsicles.
  • hopetobethinner
    hopetobethinner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We really looked into how much suger were in food when hubby was diagnosed with diabetes five months ago. His niece has type one diabetes and hubby has type two which is diet control. His sister has told him certain fruit he can't eat like oranges, strawberries, and a few other fruit he can't eat because they are all high in natrul sugars. So plenty of vegatables and meat but has to have carbs to keep his blood sugars level. He has done well by losing three stone over the months mainly because the doctor scare the living daylights out of him.
  • AlexTCasas
    Options
    I agree with asteroidvsmars. I love MFP but it is too focused on calories., there are other nutritional parameters that would be nice to track..the sugars in fruits (fructose) are waaay healthier that the ones in processed food but are counted the same. BTW, there is also a similar problem with carbs, as there is no distinction between simple and complex carbs, they are all lumped together.Would be nice if we could monitor what we eat in more detail...