any advice please

Options
I have a tredmill at home....and some weights but thats all
i need some effective at home exercises that i can do...i have a hard time finding time to go to the gym with a 3 year old running around.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking into some bodyweight routines, such as Nerd Fitness, You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning, etc. These will allow you to strength train at home with your toddler around. Add in some yoga and some walking/jogging/HIIT and you have a fairly rounded exercise program.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ^ Great advice. Also check out fitnessblender.com and Nike Training Club (free app) for great workouts you can do at home.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ^
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Look online for "free workouts" some with weights, some are without. For without (even though I'm still trying to get through them) but great core workouts, check out Blogilates. You might even look up yoga or workouts with a 3 year old and see if you can get the child to join in. It's a great age to give them ideas about exercise (for fun of course, not because you're "losing weight") It's also the age that I started getting my son used to eating things like cooked but cooled green beans with some cajun seasoning on them like they were candy. It's helped to kept him choosing healthier snacks (and don't get me wrong, he's a tall skinny boy so I don't restrict his diet and he does like junk food too). I also think it's helped keep him from being a picky eater. That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. :smile:
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you are able to use YouTube for workout videos. I have an xbox with xbox live and I downloaded the Youtube app under TV & Movies. From there I can do PopSugarFitness, BeFit Channels, Jillian workouts, and others all for free in my living room. If you are able to use a tablet, laptop, or computer you can do those all for free. I also love JessicaSmithTV on Youtube. That's the name of her channel. My workout list of about 135 videos is listed publicly under luvdolphins074 so feel free to check it out too. Hope that helps! Right now I am doing Ripped in 30 DVD from Target with Jillian Michaels and only paid @$9 for it. It has 4 different workouts with circuit training which I find works best for my body and is only 30 mins a day....includes warm up and cool down so 20 mins of working out. 3 mins of strength with weights, 2 mins of cardio, and 1 min of abs and you do 2 circuits each for each set she has you do. Feel free to friend request me if you need anymore help. :) Good luck! I can tell you I don't set foot in a gym except for the treadmill and when I get that at home I will cancel my membership all together.