Did/Will you go over your calories for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will be over because I been over calories everyday since I pulled a muscle and couldn't workout for these past 2 weeks. I'm hoping by Sunday I can start working out again.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Not yet. Possibly tonight. Probably tomorrow. It won't wreck anything I don't let it wreck.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Oh yes :)

Bacon rolls and bucks fizz in the morning, then we have roast veggies, Red Onion and Goats cheese tart, then Xmyth pudding with clotted cream. Then grazing on cheese and biscuits in the evening.

Haven't selected the wine for lunch yet, and a nice port in the evening.
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I will go above and beyond maintenance by about 2500 calories, but it's OK because I will still finish at my target for the week. I did the same thing on Thanksgiving week.
  • bettwalker
    bettwalker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll stay on track. I've been working too hard and can't stand to mess up. If I get off, It would be hard for me to get back on. Just don't want to risk it. :laugh: :laugh:
  • JKardeno
    JKardeno Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This
  • JKardeno
    JKardeno Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will go over. Probably by about 1300-1400 over my normal deficit-level goal, and probably by 600-700 over my maintenance level. I won't feel guilty, even if it's more than that. Why would I feel guilty? It's not like I'm shooting somebody or cheating on my taxes or my spouse. It's a goal I've set myself, to aim for as an average in any given week, and I'm allowed to change my mind for a day, or allow it to slightly increase my average for the week (I should still be at a deficit for the week).
    This
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing my weight workout in the morning and maybe a quick 15 minutes of cardio so chances are good I will be over being that it is Christmas.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Nope! Don't need to! Am logging recipes as I cook, and eating only my daily allotment. That said, our family gathering/celebration was back in late October, and I'm working from home. It's much easier to avoid the myriad treat offerings in this context.

So yep, I'm sticking to plan...but agree with Tiger that it's far from the end of the world to go over. Celebrate in the way that's right for you!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I will go over. Probably by about 1300-1400 over my normal deficit-level goal, and probably by 600-700 over my maintenance level. I won't feel guilty, even if it's more than that. Why would I feel guilty? It's not like I'm shooting somebody or cheating on my taxes or my spouse. It's a goal I've set myself, to aim for as an average in any given week, and I'm allowed to change my mind for a day, or allow it to slightly increase my average for the week (I should still be at a deficit for the week).

Yep, this.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I am also going to average my weekly calories...I am not going to be too hard on myself if I do go over because it won't be nearly as bad as when I didn't use MFP so I try to see that as a positive that I am aware of what I am putting into my body.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I won't at dinner anyway. Suckered into going to brother in laws for dinner. My fiancés family cooks without flavor. Boring bland and gross. Got to stay in at Thanksgiving...now that was a different story. LOL But I am making pork chops tomorrow night because let's face it, eating lunch at noon (or pretending you anyway) we are going to be hungry.

Edited for typos
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Considering this day, and how i've been eating the last 10 months, ill go mad, but mad consists in 3000 cals or so, today has been a light day, and will be until the christmas feast that starts around 23:00.

Wish you a merry Christmas to all the fitness pals right here.

Edit/add: forgot to mention that i did some heavy lifting workout in order to get a pump, ands that also gave me an extra cals credit. :D
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I will probably be over my maintenance by a 100 or 200 calories today and tomorrow Christmas Day. I will not be logging tomorrow or the next day because I will be out of town, and no gym for three days either.

No worries, because I have been under for few days and I don't binge, eat sweets, or drink much alcohol. Back to normal starting this Thursday.

Merry Christmas, Ho, Ho, Ho
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just won't track...
    What I don't know, won't hurt me, right?

There's also another saying, "If it's not being monitored, it's not being done".
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I was over count today with just breakfast lol
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday was our Family's Christmas Dinner. I did go 477 calories over my allowance and felt some disappointment. But I was happy to find out the next day that I still dropped a pound or so. Stay away from the bread pudding with Rum sauce, that's what killed my count. XD
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Since we are going out for dinner, I have no idea what the calorie count is going to be.
    I will do an estimate,but will enjoy myself.
    Will do my daily 4 mile walk prior to eating and might do another 3 to 5 miles afterwards.
    But since many of the items are things that I really don't eat but once or twice a year (example Prime Rib) eat my fill and get back to normal the next day. Got my lunch and dinner items set aside and back to norm.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about calories on holidays, since it's only a handful of days each year. Surprisingly, though, I did not go over. That's probably because I took three big dogs out for a long run this afternoon. I had plenty of wiggle-room in my calories for the day. I think I even have extra for tomorrow! :drinker:
  • VictorianFlower
    VictorianFlower Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Christmas is all but over and i went over my calorie limit for sure. But as other people have pointed out - it's CHRISTMAS! If tracking your food and/or working out makes you happy then do it! But punishment or shame should be off the cards. Christmas is for celebrating, not for making ourselves feel bad.

Now, having exceeded my calorie count for the day like a BOSS, I'm off to drink some Choc Chip Chai from t2 and take a digestive nap :)